Chicago Show

Discussions of all gigs and tours over the years.

Moderator: Mike

Chicago Show

Postby Wings » Fri Apr 12, 2002 6:33 pm

I saw the Chicago show last night. One word AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!
Worth every cent. He still knows how to put on a show. At almost 60 he still rocked. The band was great also. Who are those guys?
Wings

Chicago Show

Postby Wings » Fri Apr 12, 2002 6:33 pm

I saw the Chicago show last night. One word AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!
Worth every cent. He still knows how to put on a show. At almost 60 he still rocked. The band was great also. Who are those guys?
Wings

Postby Ram1 » Fri Apr 12, 2002 6:57 pm

I'm glad the show was hot, Wings. And yes, the band rocks. Personally, I think Abe Laoboriel, Jnr. is Macca's best drummer yet. I know I might take some flack for saying that, but that's just my opinion. Can't wait until DC! One week and 5 days to go!! :)
Ram1

Postby shorty » Fri Apr 12, 2002 9:26 pm

Tommorro night is the big night for me.
I am having a heart attack right at this very moment.

I can't wait, I have waited forever for this, it's gonna rock!

so long see ya never
shorty

Postby Ram1 » Fri Apr 12, 2002 9:48 pm

Ha ha, hang in there shorty. I know how you feel. The night before my show, I'll probably be having palpitations.
Ram1

Postby scrodfish256 » Fri Apr 12, 2002 10:25 pm

Hey shorty, Make sure and tell us how it goes, even though we all know it will be awesome.
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Chris Speers » Sat Apr 13, 2002 8:20 am

Chicago peoples,
Please tell us if he deviates from the set list - I have a feeling he should open with "I've got a feeling" and then go straight into "Mumbo" to test his Rock n Roll pipes.

Seriously, if he does any different songs, let us know
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Rundevilrun » Sun Apr 14, 2002 12:59 am

No deviation from the Oakland set...Same old songs. It was amazing, though!!! His band that he has is great and the drummer who hits the high harmonies is incredible too. The band's voices blend very well together, much better than on Paul's other tours. He still does the bit during "You Never Give Me Your Money" about forgetting the lyrics. Something to the effect of "I still havn't learned the words to the song, but maybe I'll remember them by the end of the tour..." And does anyone else know what was up with pre-show bit with the costumes...very interesting and a stellar entrance. No mistakes that I could pick up...(wrong notes, flat voices...) Wonder when the live CD comes out!
Rundevilrun

Postby Wings » Sun Apr 14, 2002 8:30 am

Yes the chicago set list was the same on the 11th.Would have liked to hear some Flaming Pie stuff. But the band plays and sings great.I read a chicago paper review that said the last time Paul played with a band this good it was on a roof top in london 1969. I love the video monitors. Great addition but dose not take away from the music.
I was also told that the pre-show music is from the Fireman. Anyone else hear that?
Wings

Postby Kovy » Mon Apr 15, 2002 8:40 pm

Don't read on if you want to be surpised by some things in the show. Now I hate to say it but the forgetting the words stuff is mostly scripted. He's said the same thing in other cities. The same goes for the exposions in Live and Let Die, they make it seem that the last explosion at the end was unexpected and Abe falls over his drum kit and Paul slips on the stage, acts very scared and suprised beating his heart. It's a good act and it's part of the show. It always works :)
Kovy

Return to MACCA-Concerts & Tours