answer to Chris's Paul performing fantasies

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Postby shinestar » Sun Apr 07, 2002 3:17 am

Chris, oh chris - if ram1 or consty read this, they will be laying into you next! Talk about mean fantasies... Paul has also said that, while he's disappointed when a record doesn't sell well, it really doesn't matter all that much as he just wants to please himself and I believe him. Do you know the old Rolling Stones song, The Under-Assistant Promo Man? If not you should look up the album Aftermath and give it a listen. That song always reminded me of Paul in the Beatles because he was so smarmy, so eager to put the band's best face forward no matter what he had to do or say to do it. He's gotten better as he's aged/matured. I know you're kidding or I hope you are! Paulie doesn't need any help. he's doing just fine and I bet this tour will pump up sales big time. He doesn't need the money; he just loves to perform and I can understand that. Have you ever been onstage? I have and the rush is overwhelming. I'm also and artist and a writer and it's like breathing. You can't help it; it's just part of who you are.
shinestar
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby shinestar » Sun Apr 07, 2002 3:17 am

Chris, oh chris - if ram1 or consty read this, they will be laying into you next! Talk about mean fantasies... Paul has also said that, while he's disappointed when a record doesn't sell well, it really doesn't matter all that much as he just wants to please himself and I believe him. Do you know the old Rolling Stones song, The Under-Assistant Promo Man? If not you should look up the album Aftermath and give it a listen. That song always reminded me of Paul in the Beatles because he was so smarmy, so eager to put the band's best face forward no matter what he had to do or say to do it. He's gotten better as he's aged/matured. I know you're kidding or I hope you are! Paulie doesn't need any help. he's doing just fine and I bet this tour will pump up sales big time. He doesn't need the money; he just loves to perform and I can understand that. Have you ever been onstage? I have and the rush is overwhelming. I'm also and artist and a writer and it's like breathing. You can't help it; it's just part of who you are.
shinestar
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Ram1 » Sun Apr 07, 2002 1:23 pm

Well guess what?? I did read it! Ha! Ha! LOL
But anyway, I totally know and understand where you're coming from Shinestar. I'm a musician and performer myself, (although I haven't performed live in a long time), and I know that exact feeling. Man, being onstage performing is like nothing else. It's such an unbelieveable rush. Better than drugs, sex (well sometimes), booze, food, you name it. When you're on stage performing, it's like you feel you're in control of the audience and their emotions. And it's even more of a rush when you make them happy and they applaud for you. So yeah, I hope Paul goes on performing for as long as he can. He's a natural born showman anyway, it's in his blood. I can't see him stopping. That's what I always say I love not only about Paul, but about other musicians such as Neil Young, The Who, Dylan, The Stones, Clapton, Elton John, etc. Here these guys are in their 50s and early 60s, totally rockin out onstage the same way they were when they were 20. I think it's totally amazing and awe-inspiring. Especially The Who and the Stones. Have you seen The Who perform lately?? They put any modern rock band to shame!! And I don't think the Stones will ever stop. Mick Jagger is just totally amazing. He runs around the stage the same way he did in the 60s and 70s. He could easily tire out a young modern rocker in their 20s.
Ram1

Postby shinestar » Tue Apr 09, 2002 11:49 pm

Mick used to dance in the 60s, especially after Tina Turner gave him a few lessons. It's funny :-), you know, when rock began we all thought it was for the young because WE were young. But now we're old even if we like to think we're middle-aged still and we STILL rock because music is for everyone - it's the universal language. And I know what you mean re performing - what you said is EXACTLY what I say. Thank you!
shinestar
Bronze member
Bronze member

Return to MACCA - all discussions