MACCA-CENTRAL EXCLUSIVIE: 2nd Leg Press Release

Discussions of all gigs and tours over the years.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Kovy » Tue Jul 16, 2002 2:01 pm

MACCA-Central EXCLUSIVE:
I just got the scoop ! Here is the Official Press Release for the 2nd Leg - 'Back In The U.S.' - Note that the tickets for Milwaukee, Hartford, Atlantic City, Indianapolis, Columbus and Oklahoma will go on sale on Saturday July 20th at 10.00 am.
As is the 1st leg of the tour, MACCA-Central will be an official ticket source for all tour dates. If you intend to buy tickets packages PLEASE do so through MACCA-Central.com.

OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE
PAUL McCARTNEY'S "FEELGOOD FACTORY"
GETS BACK IN THE U.S.

The show they are calling "The Feelgood Factory", Paul McCartney's 36-song set of the big hits of his life, is getting Back In The U.S. this Fall for the second leg of the tour that has rocked America.

Following the rave reviews and crowds' Maccamania that met his sell-out Driving USA shows in April/May, McCartney is to surf the success with a further 23 concerts on the Back In The U.S. tour.

Back In The U.S. will launch in Milwaukee on Saturday September 21st before touring through mainly new markets that didn't catch McCartney's Spring sensation.

Hailed by critics as "the season's hottest ticket", the first leg of the tour won Paul McCartney some of the best reviews of his career.

Now he is to return to play in a further 20 cities, coast-to-coast from Seattle to Atlantic City.

For Back In The U.S. Paul will play again with the same band that wowed audiences on Driving USA; Rusty Anderson and Brian Ray on guitars, Abe Laboriel Jr. on drums and Wix Wickens on keyboards.

"This band is too good to be just put up on a shelf; we're having too much fun to want to stop playing now", said Paul.

McCartney's eagerness to encore the tour has delighted US promoters keen to take the show beyond the 19 cities played earlier this year.

"Paul is putting fun back in life with this show", said Brad Wavra, Touring VP for promoters Clear Channel, "It will make you dance, it will move you and it will make you believe again in the redemptive power of rock & roll. With some 20 Beatles songs in the set and another dozen of his hits since, seeing this show is like going to the feelgood factory".

"I watched Paul McCartney's show four times on the last leg from strat to finish and I still didn't get enough of this gig", said Randy Phillips, CEO of co-promoters AEG Live, "America is lucky to get a second chance to see one of the finest concerts on the road this year. I wouldn't want to predict if we'll ever see its like again".

"Paul McCartney's show is like nothing you've ever seen him do before; this gig is making history now, and we want to be a proud part of that", said Jeff Trisler for The House Of Blues, promoters of Paul McCartney's Portland date.

Back In The U.S. will run from September 21st through to October 29th and will play in cities including Milwaukee, Minneapolis, Chicago, Hartford, Atlantic City, Boston, Columbus, Indianapolis, St. Louis, Raleigh, New Orleans, Houston, Oklahoma, Portland, Tacoma, Sacramento, San Jose, Phoenix, Las Vegas and Los Angeles.

Edited by - mike on 07/16/2002 14:04:31
Kovy

Postby Kovy » Tue Jul 16, 2002 2:01 pm

MACCA-Central EXCLUSIVE:
I just got the scoop ! Here is the Official Press Release for the 2nd Leg - 'Back In The U.S.' - Note that the tickets for Milwaukee, Hartford, Atlantic City, Indianapolis, Columbus and Oklahoma will go on sale on Saturday July 20th at 10.00 am.
As is the 1st leg of the tour, MACCA-Central will be an official ticket source for all tour dates. If you intend to buy tickets packages PLEASE do so through MACCA-Central.com.

OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE
PAUL McCARTNEY'S "FEELGOOD FACTORY"
GETS BACK IN THE U.S.

The show they are calling "The Feelgood Factory", Paul McCartney's 36-song set of the big hits of his life, is getting Back In The U.S. this Fall for the second leg of the tour that has rocked America.

Following the rave reviews and crowds' Maccamania that met his sell-out Driving USA shows in April/May, McCartney is to surf the success with a further 23 concerts on the Back In The U.S. tour.

Back In The U.S. will launch in Milwaukee on Saturday September 21st before touring through mainly new markets that didn't catch McCartney's Spring sensation.

Hailed by critics as "the season's hottest ticket", the first leg of the tour won Paul McCartney some of the best reviews of his career.

Now he is to return to play in a further 20 cities, coast-to-coast from Seattle to Atlantic City.

For Back In The U.S. Paul will play again with the same band that wowed audiences on Driving USA; Rusty Anderson and Brian Ray on guitars, Abe Laboriel Jr. on drums and Wix Wickens on keyboards.

"This band is too good to be just put up on a shelf; we're having too much fun to want to stop playing now", said Paul.

McCartney's eagerness to encore the tour has delighted US promoters keen to take the show beyond the 19 cities played earlier this year.

"Paul is putting fun back in life with this show", said Brad Wavra, Touring VP for promoters Clear Channel, "It will make you dance, it will move you and it will make you believe again in the redemptive power of rock & roll. With some 20 Beatles songs in the set and another dozen of his hits since, seeing this show is like going to the feelgood factory".

"I watched Paul McCartney's show four times on the last leg from strat to finish and I still didn't get enough of this gig", said Randy Phillips, CEO of co-promoters AEG Live, "America is lucky to get a second chance to see one of the finest concerts on the road this year. I wouldn't want to predict if we'll ever see its like again".

"Paul McCartney's show is like nothing you've ever seen him do before; this gig is making history now, and we want to be a proud part of that", said Jeff Trisler for The House Of Blues, promoters of Paul McCartney's Portland date.

Back In The U.S. will run from September 21st through to October 29th and will play in cities including Milwaukee, Minneapolis, Chicago, Hartford, Atlantic City, Boston, Columbus, Indianapolis, St. Louis, Raleigh, New Orleans, Houston, Oklahoma, Portland, Tacoma, Sacramento, San Jose, Phoenix, Las Vegas and Los Angeles.

Edited by - mike on 07/16/2002 14:04:31
Kovy

Postby Mike » Tue Jul 16, 2002 3:57 pm

Here is the complete tour schedule for the fall:
September 21 Milwaukee, WI Bradley Center
September 23 Minneapolis, MN Xcel Energy Center
September 28 Atlantic City, NJ Boardwalk Hall
September 24 Chicago, IL United Center
September 27 Hartford, CT Civic Center Veterans Memorial Coliseum
October 1 Boston, MA Fleet Center
October 4 Cleveland, OH Gund Arena
October 5 Indianapolis, IN Conseco field house
October 7 Raleigh, NC Sports Center
October 9 St. Louis, MS Savvis Center
October 10 Columbus, OH Value City Arena/Jerome Schottenstein Center
October 12 New Orleans, LA New Orleans Arena
October 13 Houston, TX Compaq Center
October 15 Oklahoma City, OK Ford Center
October 18 Portland, OR Rose Garden
October 19 Tacoma, WA Tacoma Dome
October 21 Sacramento, CA Arco Arena
October 22 San Jose, CA Compaq Arena
October 25 Anaheim, CA The Arrowhead Pond
October 26 Las Vegas, NV MGM Garden Grand Arena
October 28 Los Angeles, CA Staples Center
October 29 Phoenix, AZ America West Arena
Mike
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby shinestar » Wed Jul 17, 2002 4:45 am

Thank you, Mike! Oh, wow, maybe, maybe I can get a ticket for the Anaheim show!!! I've never seen Paul live or any Beatle for that matter. I can start saving now.
shinestar
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Sue » Wed Jul 17, 2002 7:46 am

Hi All:

I'm new to the Board but its incredible and so is Paul's site.

Please, please let me know when tickets for Macca go on sale for the New Orleans show!! I'm anxiously awaiting for them to go on sale but as of yet they haven't been posted for New Orleans.

Again, hello to everyone and I'm glad to be a part of this wonderful Macca community.
Sue

Postby Ram1 » Wed Jul 17, 2002 11:03 am

Shine--You've gotta go!! Trust me, you won't be dissapointed!!

Sue--Hello and welcome aboard. The best thing I can tell you is to just keep watching Ticketmaster and the Macca News on the main Macca-Central site.
Ram1

Postby dsnito » Wed Jul 17, 2002 12:24 pm

I heard that Paul'll come to South America again maybe at least next year... would it be true?? Would be fantastic to us if it's true!!!

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Ram1 » Wed Jul 17, 2002 1:01 pm

I said this before a week or so ago, and I just wanted to bring it up again. I think all of this touring is AWESOME!! I mean Macca is back with a vengeance! Looks like this is gradually turning more and more into a 2002/2003 World Tour. And I'm really happy for those on the second US leg, who didn't get a chance to see him the first time around. And for all of our brothers and sisters across the world who will most likely see Paul on tour next year. But there is just one downside to all this for me. (As selfish as it may sound.) The longer Paul tours, (which will probably be extensive in 2003 as well), the longer it will be before we get a new studio album or ANOTHER tour from him. Because by the time all this touring is over next year, I'm sure he's gonna want to take a much needed, LONG vacation. And with Paul only putting out new studio albums every 4 years now, the next one PROBABLY won't be until 2005, (at least going by the past.) MAYBE 2004, because he seems to be on a reinvigorated roll now. But then who knows when they'll be another tour?? My guess is probably in 2006, when I think he'll probably do a "When I'm 64" Tour. I don't know, I guess I'm just getting greedy. I just sometimes wish it were more like the old days when Paul put out an album every year or two.

Edited by - Ram1 on 07/17/2002 13:06:19
Ram1

Postby maccafan » Thu Jul 18, 2002 11:51 am

Ram1 I agree with you, I wish Paul put out new music a little more regular myself, I especially want him to record new music with this current band!! On his next album I hope Paul takes more time to record and produce, personally I think the spontaneous method of recording works for Paul, but I hope he takes more time in the actual selection of his songs.
Another thing to consider, will the public recognize a good McCartney album even if he does one?? Driving Rain didn't get a good reception!! People accuse Paul of being too soft and not rocking, well he rocked and rocked hard on Run Devil Run and Driving Rain but did the public actually buy the records, not really!!
Most of the people dying to see him on this current tour haven't bought Driving Rain!! So recording new music may be something Paul does just when he feels like it!!
maccafan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Ram1 » Thu Jul 18, 2002 12:29 pm

I agree with you, Maccafan. Unfortunately, it's probably always gonna be this way. Paul has gotten such a bad rap over the past 20 years by ignorant critics and close-minded fans, that even if he writes an album comparable to Pepper, it will still probably get low album sales and not make a dent on the charts.
Ram1

Next

Return to MACCA-Concerts & Tours