Hidden gems

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Postby mr. kite » Wed Jul 10, 2002 2:03 am

Although the radio edit of With A Little Luck is a disappointment because it cut the part of the synthesizer. Lately, I've been listening to You Gave Me the Answer and No Words. In No Words, I really love the voice of Denny Laine.
mr. kite
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Ram1 » Wed Jul 10, 2002 11:04 am

Yeah, both great songs. I've always felt that No Words was highly under-rated. It's always been one of my faves off BOTR. I just always thought that it was a verse too short. I think it should have gone one more time.
Ram1

Postby mr. kite » Fri Jul 12, 2002 2:07 am

Last night, I listened again to one of Denny's output, Go Now, from the album Wings Over America. And boy, the guy is really underrated. The vocals were terrific and so was the piano playing.
mr. kite
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Liam OSM » Fri Jul 12, 2002 8:28 am

quote:
quote:Finally, we're talking about the songs here right? A great song is a great song irregardless of the sound of the recording.

I know that, dude. If you re-read any of my posts about BOTR, I say time and time again that the album is brilliant. Of course I don't think a song is bad just because it might be recorded poorly. That would be just stupid.

Quite - I knew someone who would automatically call a good song recorded badly rubbish. We lost contact when we couldn't resolve our differences - I believe I am a tolerant person, but he picked my opinions to death, and frequently would give me so much crap as a response. Kinda glad we've stopped talking in that respect. I try to give intelligent opinions, and when they're picked to death like that, it gets trying after a while! Oh well . . .

The difference between genius and insanity is merely the difference between success and failure.
Liam OSM
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby Ram1 » Fri Jul 12, 2002 9:41 am

Mr. Kite, yeah 'Go Now' has always been one of my faves. He performed it when he was with The Moody Blues. (That's when I first knew it. He played guitar instead of piano live when he played it with The Moodies.) But I believe it's actually a remake by an earlier artist.
Ram1

Postby Chris Speers » Fri Jul 12, 2002 1:29 pm

Momma Miss America for the sheer funkiness of it
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby wondervince » Tue Jul 16, 2002 4:16 am

Go Now is one of my favorites in Wings over America (BTW that can be a subject of discussion, I find that the 2nd CD is way weaker than the 1st one in WOA)...

I have on my computer the original version from the Moody Blues. The quality of the song is very poor. Is it the same for you, or should I download it again ?

And in the end...the love you take...is equal to the love you make
wondervince

Postby dsnito » Tue Jul 16, 2002 10:54 am

quote:
Yeah, both great songs. I've always felt that No Words was highly under-rated. It's always been one of my faves off BOTR. I just always thought that it was a verse too short. I think it should have gone one more time.

Well, I have to say that I LOVE the guitar riffs of "No Words"!!!!
I think that's Denny's, ain't that?? I think he was a cool guitarrist!!! The distortion effect is awesome!!!

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby maccafan » Tue Jul 16, 2002 10:55 am

Wondervince I can't agree about the 2nd CD from WOA!! With songs like
Letting Go
Band On The Run
Silly Love Songs
My Love
Hi Hi Hi
Soily
I think they are equal in quality, and I also think Wings just showed the world that they were totally wrong in thinking that they didn't rock, WOA contains some awesome rockers!!!!
maccafan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Ram1 » Tue Jul 16, 2002 2:32 pm

Hi Hi Hi is the best rocker in the history of rock.
Ram1

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA - all discussions