"Greatest Flix"

A discussion forum for Paul's videos, short films, movies and DVDs.

Moderator: Mike

Postby kintyre » Mon Jul 15, 2002 9:16 am

I agree about a collection of videos - I recall many from 70's UK BBC programme Top of the Pops. With A Little Luck was lame (great tune) but Helen Wheels was excellent.
Saw in Glasgow in 75 and BOTR album cover used as moving bckadrop to song - cool to see that again as well.
kintyre

Postby single pigeon » Tue Jul 16, 2002 4:08 pm

My mum and I used to discuss this one, we always said it would be cool for Paul to do like Queen have and release a vid compilation.
I've got a video he relesed back in '87 called 'Once upon a video' that has four vids on it, 'Once upon a long ago', 'Strangle hold'(this is great), 'Pretty little head', and 'We all stand together'. This is about as close as we have ever come to a compilation of vids, and it's 15 years old!!!! jeeze it has to happen soon.
single pigeon

Postby mr. kite » Wed Jul 17, 2002 3:28 am

Where can I find the promo video of Coming Up?
mr. kite
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Ram1 » Wed Jul 17, 2002 10:57 am

quote:This is about as close as we have ever come to a compilation of vids, and it's 15 years old!!!! jeeze it has to happen soon.

Just keep your knickers on everybody. It WILL happen. Again, Paul announced it HIMSELF. A few of us were at the live chat when he actually said it. Including the forum moderator, Mike.

quote:Where can I find the promo video of Coming Up?

Not sure, but VH1 used to play it alot several years ago, whenever they'd play classic videos. The video is hilarious. It shows Paul dressed up like different people, playing in his "band." He's dressed up as a hippie and even as "Beatle Paul"! I used to love watching that promo. Linda is in it as well.
Ram1

Postby single pigeon » Tue Jul 23, 2002 3:22 pm

quote:
quote:This is about as close as we have ever come to a compilation of vids, and it's 15 years old!!!! jeeze it has to happen soon.

Just keep your knickers on everybody. It WILL happen. Again, Paul announced it HIMSELF. A few of us were at the live chat when he actually said it. Including the forum moderator, Mike.

quote:Where can I find the promo video of Coming Up?

Not sure, but VH1 used to play it alot several years ago, whenever they'd play classic videos. The video is hilarious. It shows Paul dressed up like different people, playing in his "band." He's dressed up as a hippie and even as "Beatle Paul"! I used to love watching that promo. Linda is in it as well.

Knickers firmly attached thanks well if Pauls announced it, it must be on the cards COOOOL!!!!!
single pigeon

Postby Ram1 » Tue Jul 23, 2002 3:33 pm

quote:Knickers firmly attached thanks well if Pauls announced it, it must be on the cards COOOOL!!!!!

Well, HOPEFULLY. But you never know. I read somewhere on here that Paul actually announced a video hits collection 1 or 2 times before in the past, and it never happened. Also, with Paul's extensive touring probably stretching into Europe next year, who knows. The video compilation might get lost in the shuffle. I hope not!!
Ram1

Postby Len » Wed Jul 24, 2002 6:08 am

What with the possibilities of DVD it does seem like the right time to release a collection of all his videos. I have a few tapes filled with videos taped from MTV and VH1, but they're starting to show signs of ageing. I also have this pretty cool tape (bootleg) with a bunch of promotional films to his earlier solo stuff (McCartney, Ram and the first two Wings albums). If he includes stuff like that that would be awesome! Hell, he could probably put out a DVD package with 10 disks and still not have covered everything.

And as long as he's at it, Rockshow on DVD would be greatly appreciated as well.
Len

Postby dsnito » Thu Jul 25, 2002 1:23 am

quote:
Where can I find the promo video of Coming Up?

Mr.Kite, I love that video!!! That was well produced and that´s so funny to see multi-Macca performing!!! I taped that once but the tape spoiled...that´s a pity!!!!!

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Brains » Fri Jul 26, 2002 2:03 pm

I hate that video. I mean, the idea of Paul playing all parts is really funny, and it's nice to see at first, but all characters start to annoy me very soon. That bearded drummer, the hippy guitar player, Buddy Holly, keyboard player not moving at all... so terribly not funny.
Brains
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby karly » Fri Jul 26, 2002 2:26 pm

I agree that coming up was a bizarro and lame attempt at a music video...but Paul was always a little out there, no?

I believe in me
karly

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA-Videos