::Abbey Road

A discussion of all the Beatle albums

Moderator: Mike

Postby Steve-o » Sat Jan 10, 2004 1:11 am

quote:Originally posted by Maestri09
was polythene pam a crossdresser?
yeah yeah yeah...actually, no...In the Barry Miles book:
Originally destined for the White Album, it was isnpired by Stephanie, a girlfriend of beat poet Royston Ellis, a friend of John's and a ferryboat engineer. On Aug 8, 1963, John came back to his flat after a show. JOhn told PLAYBOY: "Ellis said that Stephanie dressed up in polythene. She didnt wear jackboots and kilts, thouch...I just elaborated. Perverted sex in a polythene bag. Just looking for something to write about. I used a thick accent because it was supposed to be about a mythical Liverpool scrubber dessed up in her jackboots and kilt."
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Maestri09 » Sat Jan 10, 2004 2:50 pm

wow, such a simple yet great song ...and about something completely trivial. ...Whereas me, I could spend all day writing a song and couldn't get past two lines...
From what john says, the "connected" side sounds like it was almost improvised, but to me its the culmination of their entire Beatles career...and yet, "improvised". That's incredible. ...makes me appreciate jazz music that much more.
Maestri09
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby dsnito » Thu Feb 05, 2004 10:48 pm

I think that Paul´s vocals are perfect on "You Never Give Me Your Money" and "She Came In Through..."

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby unclekevin » Mon Feb 09, 2004 10:43 am

i like both sides of this album equally
unclekevin

Postby HeyJude » Mon Feb 09, 2004 5:23 pm

I have AR on CD, so I can't talk about sides really. But for me it always feels that the "A" side is until Because and the "B" begins with You Never Give Me Your Money. Perhaps because YNGMYM is what really starts the medley part. Abbey Road is still the synonime of perfection![8D]
HeyJude
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Harry » Fri Feb 13, 2004 7:23 pm

The only thing I would change is to make Oh Darling! track 3, MAxwell is big come down after the first two songs, replace Maxwell with Come and Get It as track 4. The rest is sublime music. What a swan song !
Harry

Postby Berkeleyan » Tue Feb 17, 2004 8:44 am

This is the only album by anyone I love completely - not one track I don't care for...
Berkeleyan
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby admiralvanderbilt » Tue Feb 17, 2004 9:41 am

quote:Originally posted by Harry
The only thing I would change is to make Oh Darling! track 3, MAxwell is big come down after the first two songs, replace Maxwell with Come and Get It as track 4. The rest is sublime music. What a swan song !

Good idea on Come and Get It. Would have been a huge success as a Beatle single.
admiralvanderbilt
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Laewsky » Tue Feb 17, 2004 12:21 pm

I often listen Abbey Road completely, there's a nice atmosphere in it. It's one of my favourite albums. All songs sounds differently, but the whole impression is that it was made in one day!
Laewsky

Postby dsnito » Tue Feb 17, 2004 1:11 pm

Did you have this impression too?? I had this impression when I listened to AR soon after I bought it...many years from now...[:D]

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

PreviousNext

Return to The Beatles: Albums