PETA - animal rights issues

Discussions regarding charities and issues support by Paul.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Steve-o » Sat Dec 06, 2003 11:21 am

quote:Originally posted by Mike
Anybody see the anti-PETA ads on Fox-News ?
No...what does it say?
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby dsnito » Sat Feb 14, 2004 1:07 pm

PETA as an institution does praiseworthy acts it can´t be denied, the animals MUST be protected...what I can´t agree is when some of EXTREME activists think that they have all the rights to offend and attack who doesn´t follow veggie principles... I can´t stand the EXTREMISTS doesn´t mind what ideals. The best way I think is the BALANCE, in this case not being ONLY carnivorous neither ONLY vegetarian...Well, the extremist veggies may bash me a lot for this comments(I can see Chrissie Hynde coming to stone me...OUCH![B)), but that´s MY OPINION, and I have to say I´ve got absolutely NOTHING against veggies...

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Steve-o » Sat Feb 14, 2004 3:41 pm

Nito...I agree with you about the EXTREME people...for ANY cause actually.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby dsnito » Sat Feb 14, 2004 4:45 pm

Thanks, right you are Steve... As for the animals cause I AM against the HUNTING as a HOBBY, that´s really a CRUEL thing to do with the animals, mainly those that are in extintion... The wild predators kill their preies just for SURVIVAL not for hobby but some stupid humans DO it...nothing good to the ecosystem...

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Cologne girl » Sat Feb 14, 2004 9:07 pm

We are supposed to be an omnivorous species, i.e. eating animal and vegetable food. What makes it anti-natural to eat meat and poultry is the way these animals are kept, fed and killed. I think anyone who has ever seen one of these programmes on the conditions most domestic animals are kept in will at least toy with the idea of becoming a vegetarian. I am not a vegetarian, but if I was to have absolute control of the menu at home (which unfortunately I don't), I would try to limit the animal part of it to fish (which at least enjoy a comparatively natural life before getting killed) and on oaccasions some Argentine meat (apparently, Argentine cows and bulls are kept under quite natural conditions).
Cologne girl
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ridge_top_farm_WV » Sat Aug 14, 2004 3:05 pm

dsnito wrote:Thanks, right you are Steve... As for the animals cause I AM against the HUNTING as a HOBBY, that´s really a CRUEL thing to do with the animals, mainly those that are in extintion... The wild predators kill their preies just for SURVIVAL not for hobby but some stupid humans DO it...nothing good to the ecosystem...

Peace.

I am an occasional hunter,what I take in the wild goes to the dinner table....I fish and what comes from the water goes one of 2 places"depending on the species" goes back to the water or to the dinner table.
Ridge_top_farm_WV

Postby admiral_halsey » Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:47 am

What gives you the right to murder animals? I know people say we're at the top of the food chain and it's only natural to eat animals and all this, but we're an intelligent species, intelligent enough to say "hang on a minute, we don't need this". What did cows and sheep and pigs etc ever do to us to deserve getting slaughtered and eaten?? The way in which they are killed is so horrific as well that's the main thing I object to.

Ram on!
admiral_halsey

Re: PETA - animal rights issues

Postby vanesssalovee » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:59 pm

Have ya'll seen the video he did that discusses how if slaughterhouses had glass walls everyone would be vegetarian. It's really moving: http://www.meat.org/
vanesssalovee

Postby efghijiloveyou » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:53 pm

But what about those poor vegetables? Doesn't anyone care about thier feelings?
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby chris » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:58 pm

efghijiloveyou wrote:But what about those poor vegetables? Doesn't anyone care about thier feelings?

ruthlessly torn out of the ground. skins shredded from their very bodies. and occasionally mashed to a pulp. or sliced into itty bitty pieces.

disgraceful. that's it. i'm calling 60 minutes to investigate the local sweet tomatoes. :wink:
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA-Charities & Issues