Mal Evans

Discussions of Beatle-related news & artists such as Badfinger, James Taylor, Mary Hopkins.

Moderator: Mike

Mal Evans

Postby dsnito » Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:16 pm

The "Gentle Giant"roadie of The Beatles did produce any Badfinger album?? Seems that he discovered the group when they were called as The Ivyes, is that right??

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Mal Evans

Postby dsnito » Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:16 pm

The "Gentle Giant"roadie of The Beatles did produce any Badfinger album?? Seems that he discovered the group when they were called as The Ivyes, is that right??

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby macca-fanna » Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:07 pm

I'm not sure if he produced an album of them, I only know, that he discovered "The Ivyes, who became Badfinger.
macca-fanna
Silver member
Silver member

Postby dsnito » Sat Feb 14, 2004 8:37 am

I just heard about that but I´m not sure too, Anna...
It´s a pity that he had a tragical death in 1976, shot by policemen after a madness attack.

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby macca-fanna » Sat Feb 14, 2004 12:57 pm

"Beatle assistant, Mal Evans, died in 1976 from a police bullet after he refused to put down an unloaded gun following a domestic dispute in Los Angeles. Evans discovered and managed Badfinger early in their career. They originally came to Apple Records as The Iveys, and released the Maybe Tomorrow album. Evans also produced several tracks on the LP."
macca-fanna
Silver member
Silver member

Postby dsnito » Sat Feb 14, 2004 1:38 pm

Thanks Anna!![;)] Yeah, Mal got mad because he separated of his wife, that´s why he got a nervous breakdown and pointed a weapon to the policemen...literally a suicide.

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Berkeleyan » Tue Feb 17, 2004 8:00 am

Yes, poor Mal. You know, had he stayed alive he could be now loaded w/ cash after publishing his extensive diaries on the Beatles & girls & tours & recordings...

He was certainly so intimate of them - a permanent member of the fab's inner circle, together w/ Brian (up to 67), Derek Taylor and Neil Aspinall...
Berkeleyan
Gold member :)

Postby dsnito » Tue Feb 17, 2004 1:37 pm

Wonder that any Mal´s book had never been published...or had it been published?? Never heard about any Mal´s memories publication...

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Berkeleyan » Wed Feb 18, 2004 7:51 am

As far as I know there is a whole mess of legal aspects brought about by the many parties with eyes on the diaries (ex-wife, kids, relatives, the works so to speak) and there´s got to be some sort of court order or something to that tune, blocking the continuation of legal actions to get the rights to the manuscripts from several of those people.

I read a Beatle said a few years ago (I guess it was George) that
"...Mal´s diaries would never get published "...
Berkeleyan

Postby dsnito » Wed May 19, 2004 11:27 pm

Mal was really a friend of The Beatles more than just a roadie since the early days as well as Neil Aspinall...
Mal worked with George and Ringo after the break up but did he work with Paul or John too??
Life Is Very Short And There's No Time For Fussing And Fighting, My Friend...
Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Next

Return to The Beatles: Related Discussions