FAVORITE BEATLE/MACCA BOOKS

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Postby MACCAFAN2K » Mon Jul 08, 2002 11:37 pm

I collect any Macca related or Beatles related books. The favorite book in my collection is called THE MACS (known as THANK YOU VERY MUCH in Europe, I think). The book was written primarily by Paul's "brudder" Mike (all the talk about Mike recently made me think of the book!). The book has some wonderful stories about Paul and Mike while growing up. It has pics of them as babies, 'little-uns', and teenagers. Mike chonicles their childhood as well as family sayings and tales. Not sure if the book is still in print, but I will always cherish my copy...

So, does anyone else have any favs?
MACCAFAN2K

Postby MACCAFAN2K » Mon Jul 08, 2002 11:37 pm

I collect any Macca related or Beatles related books. The favorite book in my collection is called THE MACS (known as THANK YOU VERY MUCH in Europe, I think). The book was written primarily by Paul's "brudder" Mike (all the talk about Mike recently made me think of the book!). The book has some wonderful stories about Paul and Mike while growing up. It has pics of them as babies, 'little-uns', and teenagers. Mike chonicles their childhood as well as family sayings and tales. Not sure if the book is still in print, but I will always cherish my copy...

So, does anyone else have any favs?
MACCAFAN2K

Postby Liam OSM » Tue Jul 09, 2002 8:08 am

"Many Years From Now" - by Barry Miles.
It includes quotes by the man himself, and is the only one authorised by him. Great book - a must have for any Macca-maniac

The difference between genius and insanity is merely the difference between success and failure.
Liam OSM
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby The Man » Tue Jul 09, 2002 8:31 pm

Many Years From Now is Paul McCartney's tribute to himself....... he goes to great lengths to mention that he came up with 10% of a John Lennon song or that he contibuted more than what most people thought to John's songs ..... when it comes to his songs they were all his ideas and arrangements with practically no input from the other Beatles ... It's like he used the book as a scorecard for who was the most influential Beatle and of course he was the winner ..... I found it sad that he is so insecure about what he did and didn't do in the Beatles ...
The Man

Postby The Man » Tue Jul 09, 2002 8:33 pm

My favourite book is The Beatles: An Illustrated Record, it has reviews of every album and solo album up to 1980.
The Man

Postby mr. kite » Wed Jul 10, 2002 2:46 am

The Beatles Anthology Book and The Lives of John Lennon.
mr. kite
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Nana » Wed Jul 10, 2002 7:38 pm

Is there any Wings photo book ??
Nana

Postby shorty » Wed Jul 10, 2002 7:42 pm

I was in The beatleshoppe in Toronto and found this great wings book, nice size book with tons of pictures, I only paid like $12 for it. If you can find a realy great memorabilia store or even a flea market you can find some real great stuff.

so long see ya never
shorty

Postby Nana » Thu Jul 11, 2002 7:22 pm

You are sooo lucky, Shorty !!
Nana

Postby MACCAFAN2K » Fri Jul 12, 2002 1:26 am

Also, if you can find a BEATLEFEST going on anywhere, they sell books too..
MACCAFAN2K

Next

Return to MACCA - all discussions