The Who - Absolute Outrage

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Ram1 » Fri Jul 05, 2002 1:07 pm

Oh yeah, that's right Steve. I remember now about Al Jardine's "Sounds of the Beach Boys Experience Red-White-And Blue Jubilee Help Me Rhonda Monster Truck Band." For those of you who have never seen The Beach Boys, I'm afraid you've missed the boat. Sorry to sound harsh, but that's just my opinion. I think the band pretty much died with Carl. But, it might be nice to take your little children or grandchildren. They'll probably enjoy it. (Seriously.)
Ram1

Postby shinestar » Fri Jul 05, 2002 10:20 pm

Ram and Steve - you are soooo right!! Some guys just don't know when to quit. For crying out loud, they should just give it up!!!!
shinestar
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Chris Speers » Sat Jul 06, 2002 4:13 pm

Watch the E- Channel sunday night at 8:00 - A beach Boys special. God, i loved those guys but only between 62-72. After that, well, sad, sad. sad.

I think Mike Love is a horses ass
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Ram1 » Sat Jul 06, 2002 6:37 pm

Right on, Chris. The Beach Boys between 62-72 were pure pop genius delight to the ears. But after that, well, not much can be said. (Except for Kokomo. I'm sorry, I know you all are probably barfing right now, but I love that song. Especially Carl's high part in the chorus.."thaaaaat's where we wanna go...") But anyway, yeah I've been seeing the commercials for the show tomorrow night on E. I'm sure they'll focus on the great years. (You know, Mike Love's pre-ball cap years.)
Ram1

Postby shinestar » Sat Jul 06, 2002 7:24 pm

I loved Kokomo too, Ram. But the rest of what you guys said, I totally agree, and I love that "pre-baseball hat" remark! LOL I never like Mike Love either!! In fact, I used to laugh at them because, even though they were called the Beach BOYS, they were all adults and I thought it was a stupid name - still do. :-)
shinestar
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby MACCAFAN2K » Sun Jul 07, 2002 4:50 pm

Hi All,

I agree that Roger and Pete should have shown more respect for John and his family by delaying the concert. In fact, a friend of mine had tix for the July 3rd show and she was shocked that they decided to start the tour as planned.

The thing is though (and someone may have already made a post to this effect), rock concerts are not the light weight entertain they were in the 60s and 70s. Somewhere along the line they became BIG BUSINESS. I am sure that if Roger and Pete could LEGALLY have postponed the tour, they may have. It's all about business anymore.
The promoters would have had their heads on a platter if they moved the tour dates. Too many people have their hands in the bucket these days. The ticket sellers, the sponsors, the venues, the merchandise, the list goes on...

It just isn't much fun anymore unless it's a big name like Macca, the Stones, or the Who. I took the ETS package offered on this website so that I would be INSURED to get a decent seat for Macca, and not have to struggle in lines, lotteries, and website contests....

...sorry, I will now step down from my soap box... :)
MACCAFAN2K

Postby shinestar » Sun Jul 07, 2002 5:57 pm

I mainly stopped going to concerts over 20 years ago - I don't care who's playing. I can't take the crowds and the hype. Out here in CA I can deal with Universal and maybe the Greek and that's it. Back east it was Tanglewood but even that got too crazy. I just can't take people walking back and forth during a concert and that horrid whistling between their teeth hurts my ears. I feel sorry for performers. But I felt bad to miss Paul's tour - I've never seen any of the Beatles perform live. I got to see the original Stones back in '65 though.
shinestar
Bronze member
Bronze member

Previous

Return to MACCA - all discussions