George

Discussions related to George Harrison as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

George

Postby dsnito » Tue Jun 25, 2002 3:52 pm

After George unfortunately passed away, I was thinking how many songs he could've been recorded lately but not released before his death... Might those really exist?? Well, all we can do is to wait...

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

George

Postby dsnito » Tue Jun 25, 2002 3:52 pm

After George unfortunately passed away, I was thinking how many songs he could've been recorded lately but not released before his death... Might those really exist?? Well, all we can do is to wait...

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby dsnito » Tue Jul 02, 2002 10:26 am

Well, all I knew is that George played guitar on the song "Ana Julia" by brazilian band "Los Hermanos"(though the name seems like an argentinian band!) in english version with Jim Capaldi(ex-Traffic).

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby mr. kite » Wed Jul 03, 2002 2:26 am

Just learned that there's a plan of releasing a George boxed set in the days to come. There's also the "new" All Things Must Pass cd where he is joined by son Dhani. I hope they release this set the soonest possible time.
mr. kite
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Ram1 » Fri Jul 05, 2002 9:44 pm

From Macca-Central News....

Harrison's attacker to be released

Thursday, July 04, 2002 - Article #733

Man who stabbed George Harrison ordered released from mental hospital Thu Jul 4,12:46 PM ET LONDON - A paranoid schizophrenic who stabbed former Beatle George Harrison on what he thought was a "mission from God" was conditionally released from a secure hospital Thursday.
A panel of experts said Michael Abram, 35, was fit to be released from the Scott Clinic, a psychiatric facility in Liverpool, northwestern England. Abram, who has a history of mental illness, told psychiatrists he stabbed Harrison on Dec. 30 1999, because he believed he was possessed by the former Beatle and was on a "mission from God."

Abram was accused of breaking into Harrison's home in Henley-on-Thames, west of London, and stabbing him repeatedly, puncturing a lung. He also was charged with attacking Olivia Harrison, when she came to her husband's defense.

He was tried for attempted murder but acquitted in November 2000, on the grounds of insanity. A judge ordered him to be detained at a secure hospital "without time restriction."

"Michael Abram ... has been given a conditional discharge today by a Mental Health Review Tribunal," said a spokeswoman for Mersey Care NHS Trust, which runs the Scott Clinic, on customary condition of anonymity.

She said the conditions of Abram's discharge would remain confidential. George Harrison died of cancer on Nov. 29, at the age of 58. After Abram's trial, Harrison's son, Dhani, read a statement from the family protesting at the "ancient lunatic law" that allows acquittal on mental grounds. "The prospect of him being released back into society is abhorrent to us," he said.

Last year health officials apologized to Harrison and to Abram for failing adequately to treat Abram's "complex mental health problems." He had been in and out of psychiatric facilities for years and sought help in the weeks before the attack.

Abram, in turn, apologized to Harrison, saying he was "deeply embarrassed and ashamed about the terrible thing that I did."

More on this story from BBC News
Ram1

Postby Chris Speers » Sat Jul 06, 2002 1:58 pm

That's the British criminal justice system for you. It's the worst. Our system in America has its problems - but the British justice system sucks!!

That's like if we let mark David Chapman walk!

Outrageous!
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby dsnito » Sat Jul 06, 2002 3:40 pm

I´m TERRIFIED for that absurd!!! I´m fear for Paul and Ringo´s lives...
So he is "deeply embarassed and ashamed about the terrible thing he did"... Whoa!! Who believes him???

Peace.

Edited by - dsnito on 07/06/2002 16:28:48
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Chris Speers » Sat Jul 06, 2002 4:09 pm

I'd like to go to england with four of my boys and give that punk a good solid thrasing! I'd like to give him a few solid Stu Sutcliffe like blows to his skull.
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby scrodfish256 » Sat Jul 06, 2002 11:43 pm

He will probably get his head kicked in soon enough. I'm sure there will be people looking for him right away.

as soon as mark david chapman kicks the bucket i'm going to dance a jig on his grave, that b*stard.

p.s. hey liam, you live in england, why don't you go take care of him for us.
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

Postby mr. kite » Sun Jul 07, 2002 2:02 am

Following George's thinking, I will just pray for the soul of this man if he still has one.
mr. kite
Bronze member
Bronze member

Next

Return to GEORGE