Columbus, OH concert date set

Discussions of all gigs and tours over the years.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Steve-o » Thu Oct 17, 2002 3:15 pm

Thats funny, Scrod...dont think the thought of slots, buffets, free drinks and macca didnt sound awesome to me...but I must not take NEXT year's Christmas as well....LOL
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby ladymadonna » Mon Oct 28, 2002 7:27 pm

Hey Steve, was the girl in a navy or white shirt. If she was in a white shirt it was me, if she was in a navy shirt it was my little sister.

That's so cool that we were in the same lobby.[:D] I might have seen you, but I wouldn't have known that it was you.
ladymadonna

Postby Steve-o » Mon Oct 28, 2002 7:47 pm

That's funny LM....I wish i had paied more attention...I was in "the macca zone", mentally, LOL
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Liam OSM » Tue Oct 29, 2002 11:17 am

quote:Originally posted by stevew628
That's funny LM....I wish i had paied more attention...I was in "the macca zone", mentally, LOL

You sure you don't mean "the Heather zone"?
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Postby Steve-o » Tue Oct 29, 2002 11:19 am

No, LiamShine, I'm quite sure.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Liam OSM » Tue Oct 29, 2002 11:30 am

No, LiamShine, I'm quite sure.

Uh-huh . . . [;)]
Liam OSM

Postby Steve-o » Sat May 10, 2003 1:59 pm

Well...I didn't think anything could surpass the April 29 show in Cleveland, but this one tonight did for me. Unbelievable. Snafus like the late sound check causing us to stay in the lobby a full 50 minutes before they'd let us in, to the horrific traffic jam after are just minor inconveniences for me that I know I will forget soon. What I will NEVER forget is how much tighter I thought the band sounded. The better backing vocals. The awesome bass line copied excellently by Brian Ray on Getting Better. The superb vocals and spanish guitar doing the string part on She's Leaving Home. The playfulness of the band throughout the evening. Tighter--bigger--better all the way around, and the 4-29 show was the best for me-until tonight. Paul seemed a bit tired early on, but came alive very soon to give an awe inspiring performance. The band just sounded better on the standards. The only minor "not as good as last time" was the Driving Rain guitar songs that sounded not as fresh as it did 5 1/2 months ago. And that was minor, trust me. Let Em In was great, as was Michelle. The guitar duel at the end was longer and more competitive than before. Rusty was spot on all evening. Abe was unreal and seemed to take a larger share of the backing vocals this time around. Brian Ray was the most improved IMHO. Great guitar work, and I didnt remember him taking so many lead turns--maybe i just didnt hear it in Cleveland. My family enjoyed the show as much as I did. They were amazed at the performance. Even the between song patter was a bit different in spots and seemed fresh to me. Paul's high notes were something to behold. Even the pyrotechnics of Live and Let Die were pumped up.

All in all, a night I'll never forget. More in the AM if I can remember anything else. Oh yeah...Paul signing not one, not two, but three albums before leaving the stage finally (The last one being Ram!!!).

If I had to pick the absolute highlite of the evening it was She's Leaving Home. I swear to you that his vocals were far better than the original and Abe and Paul doing the "SHE...IS LEAVING" was perfect, as was Rusty and Brian on the Lennon part. Musically, it was stunning. Vocally, it soared. Emotionally, it touch an entire audience like nothing I've ever seen. Amazing.

FInally, it is inconceivable to me that this 60 year old man can do this 4 nights a week at such a high level and sustain the quality of show that i witnessed this evening. It's good to alive and a fan of Sir Paul. It's even better to have witnessed his greatness twice in one year. If I die tonight, I'll die a very happy man.
Just reliving the magic!!! My review of the April show was hacked, so this represents my only comments right after a show. It STILL sticks out in my mind many months later.....AWESOME!!!
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Steve-o » Sun Dec 07, 2003 12:14 pm

quote:Originally posted by Steve-o
Well...I didn't think anything could surpass the April 29 show in Cleveland, but this one tonight did for me. Unbelievable. Snafus like the late sound check causing us to stay in the lobby a full 50 minutes before they'd let us in, to the horrific traffic jam after are just minor inconveniences for me that I know I will forget soon. What I will NEVER forget is how much tighter I thought the band sounded. The better backing vocals. The awesome bass line copied excellently by Brian Ray on Getting Better. The superb vocals and spanish guitar doing the string part on She's Leaving Home. The playfulness of the band throughout the evening. Tighter--bigger--better all the way around, and the 4-29 show was the best for me-until tonight. Paul seemed a bit tired early on, but came alive very soon to give an awe inspiring performance. The band just sounded better on the standards. The only minor "not as good as last time" was the Driving Rain guitar songs that sounded not as fresh as it did 5 1/2 months ago. And that was minor, trust me. Let Em In was great, as was Michelle. The guitar duel at the end was longer and more competitive than before. Rusty was spot on all evening. Abe was unreal and seemed to take a larger share of the backing vocals this time around. Brian Ray was the most improved IMHO. Great guitar work, and I didnt remember him taking so many lead turns--maybe i just didnt hear it in Cleveland. My family enjoyed the show as much as I did. They were amazed at the performance. Even the between song patter was a bit different in spots and seemed fresh to me. Paul's high notes were something to behold. Even the pyrotechnics of Live and Let Die were pumped up.

All in all, a night I'll never forget. More in the AM if I can remember anything else. Oh yeah...Paul signing not one, not two, but three albums before leaving the stage finally (The last one being Ram!!!).

If I had to pick the absolute highlite of the evening it was She's Leaving Home. I swear to you that his vocals were far better than the original and Abe and Paul doing the "SHE...IS LEAVING" was perfect, as was Rusty and Brian on the Lennon part. Musically, it was stunning. Vocally, it soared. Emotionally, it touch an entire audience like nothing I've ever seen. Amazing.

FInally, it is inconceivable to me that this 60 year old man can do this 4 nights a week at such a high level and sustain the quality of show that i witnessed this evening. It's good to alive and a fan of Sir Paul. It's even better to have witnessed his greatness twice in one year. If I die tonight, I'll die a very happy man.
Man---if I could just go back in time......
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ram1 » Thu Dec 18, 2003 11:21 pm

Man---if I could just go back in time......

WAD, Steve!!!! Man, I've been thinking the exact same thing lately. I've been listening to my DC boot, and just reliving the memories. Over a year and a half later, I still have to say....Thank you, Macca!! Thank you!! Awesome.
Ram1

Postby Ram1 » Thu Dec 18, 2003 11:30 pm

By the way--EXCELLENT review, Steve-o!! It really got me pumped up. Man, how I wish I could go back in time too!! Come on, "When I'm 64" Tour!! [:D] Wait a sec, I don't think I can wait that long. LOL
Ram1

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA-Concerts & Tours