The Concert for George CD & DVD

Discussions related to George Harrison as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

The Concert for George CD & DVD

Postby Steve-o » Fri Nov 21, 2003 10:41 am

Nicely formatted DVD package that allows you to view the entire concert, in order,(and skip stuff too), or view the theatrical release. Very nice tribute, but I would have loved for someone to come on and do a blistering version of Don't Bother Me, one of my faves. I also wished Dhani had stepped to the microphone--would have very cool...Macca was in fine form, as was Clapton and English Ritchie. The CD is a shorter version, but still very nice. The two versions of "Something" meshed together quite well, starting with macca on Uke and ending with Clapton on that lovely solo was the highlite for me. And Dhani---what a nice young man and the spitting image of papa circa 1963-64. Touching offering and an A+ in my book.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Berkeleyan » Fri Nov 21, 2003 11:37 am

Seriously, I get all mushy over this...
Ccan´t wait to grab my copy...I have "Brainwashed" playing inside my head right now and I feel sad for a few seconds but that´s not the way George would have liked it - I mean, man/woman should love one another, as he stated not long ago, but it seems like ages to me.
Berkeleyan
Gold member :)

Postby Steve-o » Fri Nov 21, 2003 11:47 am

quote:Originally posted by Berkeleyan
Seriously, I get all mushy over this...
Wait til you actually see it..if it doesn't bring a tear, then you're not alive!! [;)]
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby sleepyhollowgirl » Sat Nov 22, 2003 1:58 pm

I love CFG. I think it is one of my favorite movies. I own the CD & DVD, and it's never going to leave my collection. EVER.
sleepyhollowgirl
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby theDingle » Wed Mar 03, 2004 11:30 pm

I'm watching it now on PBS. Man, it's a keeper alright, one solid performance after another, I've got to get it.

Paul is great of course--and Ringo gives the performance of his life, I've never heard him sing better, and the band backed him up perfectly. I thought it was very cool to see one of my favorite axemen, Albert Lee, that dude can burn down the barn. Michael Mann is doing great with the slide guitar fills. Everyone is giving it everything they got, this whole thing is a goody!
theDingle

Postby theDingle » Thu Mar 04, 2004 12:00 am

Paul on All Things Must Pass
Eric/Paul/Ringo on While My Guitar Gently Weeps
+ Joe Brown on I'll See You In My Dreams
BREATH-TAKING!!! [:0][:0][:0]
theDingle

Return to GEORGE