Another Remixed album- Mind Games?

Discussions related to John Lennon as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Steve-o » Tue Nov 18, 2003 9:14 am

Mike labeled Scud/The Man/Man Tissa/Gagro Boy as Chuck Barris on another thread. He is now a Greek lving in Panama. CHOKE!!
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Cologne girl » Tue Nov 18, 2003 6:57 pm

If Steve is right, I think there is no hope, Gastro. I don't think I'll ever get to Panama (nor Alaska, for that matter). I think we should really stop this because we're boring everyone else stiff. You've got your views, I've got mine - we both like John and appreciate his contribution to music - I like "Papa Macca", as you called him, otherwise I wouldn't waste my time here, you don't but still choose to waste your time here, and each of us is entitled to their opinion, aren't we? So let's just call it a day, shall we? As 'nito says - PEACE.
Cologne girl
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Gastro (gone) » Tue Nov 18, 2003 8:56 pm

We're not boring Steve though.. he loves it... when I'm on here it is the most exciting time of the day for him.. you gotta feel for the poor guy though...

Anyway, I always felt that we had alot in common... me being Gastro and you being Colon Girl... we could have gone very far together...
Gastro (gone)

Postby Helter Skelter » Wed Nov 19, 2003 5:37 am

gastro Boy thinks :
"Paul starts using and experimenting with tape loops...
John uses tape loops in his songs starting with Tomorrow Never Knows.."

We all know: it WAS actually Paul who brought in the tape loops for TNK. NOT John.
Helter Skelter
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Steve-o » Wed Nov 19, 2003 10:16 am

quote:Originally posted by Gastro Boy
it is the most exciting time of the day for himTrue..as exciting as root canal work. Time for Mic Dundee to go back to rehab. He is a Peruvian living in Greenland. [:D] Or something like that.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Gastro (gone) » Wed Nov 19, 2003 7:49 pm

quote:Originally posted by Helter Skelter
gastro Boy thinks :
"Paul starts using and experimenting with tape loops...
John uses tape loops in his songs starting with Tomorrow Never Knows.."

We all know: it WAS actually Paul who brought in the tape loops for TNK. NOT John.

Maybe that's because John wanted them? Maybe becuase John had the balls to experiment with his songs? Do you seriously think that if John didn't want them he would have allowed Paul to put them on there?If Paul is so hard up about it he could have used them on his songs and today he may have got the credit John's getting.

John's getting credit for being an innovator. Paul was not, he was more about style, his experiments were with different styles of music but that didn't break new musical frontiers. What it served to do is make other people realise they could use different kinds of instruments on their records.
Gastro (gone)

Postby 2 of 3 » Wed Nov 19, 2003 8:14 pm

Crappy songs on The White Album? What you talkin'bout Willis![}:)]
2 of 3
Supporter
Supporter

Previous

Return to JOHN