::Let It Be...Naked

A discussion of all the Beatle albums

Moderator: Mike

Postby theDingle » Fri Nov 14, 2003 10:00 am

Different strokes, Nastro. I like to pay s/h, you like to pretend you're funny. [}:)][:D]
theDingle
Gold member :)

Postby Cologne girl » Fri Nov 14, 2003 8:05 pm

And I prefer previews to reviews. "Across the Universe" in the "stripped" version sounded great to me, for instance. I think the album will be well worth going down to my local record store or placing an order with Amazon, no matter what.

BTW, I've never had to wait two weeks for any Amazon order to be delivered. What on earth does the Gasman order there???
Cologne girl
Supporter
Supporter

Postby dsnito » Sat Nov 15, 2003 4:33 am

This album´s release is near, isn´t it?? Aren´t some of the tracks in the Anthology III album??Tracks like Get Back(on the rooftop), Let It Be, Winding Road, etc. or are those unknown versions??

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Helter Skelter » Sat Nov 15, 2003 6:45 am

All songs are like the versions on the original let it be but with MUCH improved sound except:

Let it be - not the same take as on the original album or Anthology 3
Long and winding road - not the same as on let it be/Anthologhy
I´ve got a feeling - another take from the roof
Dig a pony - not sure about this one..
Don´t let me down - taken from the two rooftop versions
Get back - not the singleversion but the album version without the adlib
Helter Skelter
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby dsnito » Sat Nov 15, 2003 8:46 am

Oh...well, that´s great then!!! I can´t wait to listen to "Naked" version!!!

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby theDingle » Sat Nov 15, 2003 11:09 am

Thanks for the info, Helter, I had the same questions dsnito asked. [:)]
theDingle

Postby Gastro (gone) » Mon Nov 17, 2003 11:39 pm

quote:Originally posted by theDingle
I like to pay s/h[}:)][:D]

that's fine but like I said weirdo personified...

I've got the CD... you're still waiting for it ???????

BWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHYAHAHAAHAHAHAHA !!!!!!
Gastro (gone)

Postby Steve-o » Tue Nov 18, 2003 2:45 pm

Back on Topic....

Go it this morning....the sound is spectacular. My Fave is LAWR---awesome vocals by the man himself.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Gastro (gone) » Tue Nov 18, 2003 6:23 pm

Wrong again Steve-o Dweeb-o..

LAWR is a schlock song as much as Good Night was. It got to #1 in the US but that still wasn't enough to please Paul. The song is just not that good although some people consider it a classic. He complains about Spector yet he made an even schlokier version on GMRTBS

Does Across the Universe belong on this CD?

What about I Me Mine? They kept the Spector edit but took out the Spectorisations.. isn't this similar to A3?????

What about Don't Let Me Down? If this is the rooftop version John does flub the lyrics..

There's alot of editing on this so it's not as Naked as the hype surrounding this suggests... as a longtime fan I'm disappointed... I know there is an electric version of Two of us which would have been a treat... I've Got a Feeling is the only song that really stands tall over the original IMHO...

Bottom line is don't throw away the original Let It Be... Naked is good because it does sound very good as if they really are in the same room as the blurb pointed out ...
Gastro (gone)

Postby Ram1 » Tue Nov 18, 2003 7:02 pm

quote:Originally posted by Gastro Boy
Wrong again Steve-o Dweeb-o..

LAWR is a schlock song as much as Good Night was. It got to #1 in the US but that still wasn't enough to please Paul. The song is just not that good although some people consider it a classic. He complains about Spector yet he made an even schlokier version on GMRTBS

Does Across the Universe belong on this CD?

What about I Me Mine? They kept the Spector edit but took out the Spectorisations.. isn't this similar to A3?????

What about Don't Let Me Down? If this is the rooftop version John does flub the lyrics..

There's alot of editing on this so it's not as Naked as the hype surrounding this suggests... as a longtime fan I'm disappointed... I know there is an electric version of Two of us which would have been a treat... I've Got a Feeling is the only song that really stands tall over the original IMHO...

Bottom line is don't throw away the original Let It Be... Naked is good because it does sound very good as if they really are in the same room as the blurb pointed out ...

All I had to do was read the first line. Didn't waste time on the rest. I shall now call you Bobo. Yes, your new name is Bobo.

Anyway, I guess I'm the odd man out here. I'm waiting until Friday when I get paid. Can't wait though.
Ram1

PreviousNext

Return to The Beatles: Albums