Another Remixed album- Mind Games?

Discussions related to John Lennon as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Steve-o » Sat Oct 25, 2003 4:15 pm

I heard that the Gasman tried to set up a meeting with Colgne Girl at the "Bag o' Wind", but she respectfully declined. I think he started that club. [:D]
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Gastro (gone) » Sun Oct 26, 2003 7:12 pm

quote:Originally posted by Cologne girl
And you didn't even get the facts right. As for singles sales, permit me to refer you to this same site, where you can find a list, and it doesn't end in 1983. In Germany (which is not as important as the US and the UK, but it's not Outer Mongolia, either - that's not meaning to put down Outer Mongolia, it's just a phrase), "Hope of Deliverance" made no. 3 in 1993, so at least 10 years later. But as you correctly said, that's not the point.

If you can't see the difference between Paul remastering his own material and Yoko messing around with someone else`s (even if he happened to be her husband), someone help you, I can't.

As for this mesh of STREETS (quite significantly, in the beginning it was just one STREET, now you see yourself forced to differentiate), I don't know what makes you assume YOU belong on the same side as John. You are just a professional or self-appointed music critic with some very idiosyncratic views - what songs have you written, at what exhibitions can we see your works, on what shelves do they nastily hide the books of your poetry? John, Paul, George and Ringo gave the world something, each in their own particular manner, so for me, they belong on the same side of the street, and you and the rest of us belong on some other side. Now if you wish to single out yourself and some music critics and Noel Gallagher (who will know his name in 20 years?) and Phil Norman and I don't know who else could (wish to)belong there as the Select Few who as babies instead of milk absorbed Good Taste, you are perfectly entitled to do so, but you will be pretty lonely UP THERE rattling your jewelry. The rest of us in the cheaper seats will just clap our hands and keep having fun because ignorance makes happy and Silly Love Songs will keep entertaining the world (and most of its streets) until it stops spinning.

BlahBlahBlah.. Blah ..Blah Blah... Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah..

Have u finished yet?

I bet that you're the type who can talk under water, I feel sorry for your husband.

If you want to come to Australia, by all means come, everything you've heard about it is not true. It's 10 times better than that.
Gastro (gone)

Postby Gastro (gone) » Sun Oct 26, 2003 8:12 pm

quote:Originally posted by Maestri09
paul was never jealous. he just wants the credit (or feels he deserves credit) for saving the beatles from 1967 onwards.
...Speaking of "artsy", to whom should we **credit** Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band?

If he was never jealous he wouldn't even bother trying to change the credits on his songs and put John down and make himself as being the "artsy" Beatle. What is it with the word art and things being artsy ???? Because Paul called Sgt Pepper art does that necessarily make it good? I've never heard any of the other Beatles say it was a work of art. It is not up to the artist to label his or her work as art. Art just means expression, you either like something or you don't, whether something is art or not is purely academic. FYI, Sgt Pepper whilst at one stage regarded as the best album of all time is now regarded as the worst of the Beatles post 66 classic albums.
Gastro (gone)

Postby Cologne girl » Sun Oct 26, 2003 8:53 pm

quote:Originally posted by Gastro Boy

BlahBlahBlah.. Blah ..Blah Blah... Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah..

Have u finished yet?

I bet that you're the type who can talk under water, I feel sorry for your husband.

If you want to come to Australia, by all means come, everything you've heard about it is not true. It's 10 times better than that.

Your reaction is typical of those who don't know what to reply anymore but are unable to admit it, I've seen you do that at other points as well, quoting Woody Woodpecker and all that. Now don't worry about my husband, he always get a word or two or one hundred in edgewise.

As for your interpretation of the credits issue, I think you got it all wrong again. Neither is Macca trying to be like John nor is he trying to put him down, all it seemed to be about was a (however ridiculous, I'll grant you that, because we all know who wrote what) attempt of getting the credit he felt he deserved. And who said "Sergeant Pepper" was the lowest quality post-66 album? I haven't heard or read anybody say that but you, just quote your sources, if any. George Martin said, for instance, the White Album, being a double album, could have been shrunk into a single album, which would have made it better quality, and in my view, he wasn't all that wrong, but I haven't heard any comment of the sort on "Sgt. Pepper". And who has the right to label anything a work of art? I bet I know YOUR answer...
Cologne girl
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Gastro (gone) » Sun Oct 26, 2003 10:28 pm

I didn't say it was the lowest quality album post -66 , I said the worst post 66 classic album which I'm sure you know are:

Revolver
Sgt Pepper
WHite album
Abbey Road

Revolver is almost universally regarded as the Beatles best, if not the best ever (I suppose you'll dispute this too). I get my informatiom from the web. Do a search on Greatest albums of all time and then find your way around. I don't memorise links so I have to prove myself to you. I've done my research, if it bothers you that much go and do yours.

As for art and Sgt Pepper, I stated made my views on the previous post. It doesn't get more black and white than that babe.

I know your type too hon, you pretend to have a hard, cold exterior but you're really just a little marshmallow on the inside.
Gastro (gone)

Postby Cologne girl » Mon Oct 27, 2003 6:52 pm

Character analysis does not seem to be your forte. I never pretended to be hard and cold, my only goal was and is to discuss (not to put down) questionable points of view like yours. It looks a lot like what you said goes rather for yourself - you mess around on this board playing the Devil's Advocate (as the Dingle puts it), Mr Right ("I said it so it's true", "I'm the messenger") and Mr Cool (calling me "babe" for whatever reason, like you were one of these sun-tanned types with a hairy chest and sunglasses surrounded by blondes waiting to fulfil your every wish and with a ghastly-coloured ****tail in your hand), trying to spoil the party because apparently you think that's your vocation. It is you who exhibits a strange exterior; we just have to give your interior the benefit of the doubt...
Cologne girl
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Maestri09 » Mon Oct 27, 2003 10:48 pm

I'm not saying paul himself thought that sgt. pepper was "art", in fact I doubt any of the beatles thought so. (you can hear this on john's "How do you sleep?")
...but the rest of the world did, it was a landmark album, opened the world to concept albums and pop music as a distinguished art form, (which pink floyd perfected)--and it was paul's concept, much like magical mystery tour as an "art" film. anyone saying that paul wasn't an artist or is trying too hard is completely mistaken.

...I think sgt pepper's cultural significance speaks much louder than the songs. by the way, I don't know who "regards" these albums but do they really believe "revolution 9" and other really crappy songs on the white album was better than the worst song on sgt.pepper?
Maestri09
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Gastro (gone) » Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:49 am

quote:Originally posted by Cologne girl
Character analysis does not seem to be your forte. I never pretended to be hard and cold, my only goal was and is to discuss (not to put down) questionable points of view like yours. It looks a lot like what you said goes rather for yourself - you mess around on this board playing the Devil's Advocate (as the Dingle puts it), Mr Right ("I said it so it's true", "I'm the messenger") and Mr Cool (calling me "babe" for whatever reason, like you were one of these sun-tanned types with a hairy chest and sunglasses surrounded by blondes waiting to fulfil your every wish and with a ghastly-coloured ****tail in your hand), trying to spoil the party because apparently you think that's your vocation. It is you who exhibits a strange exterior; we just have to give your interior the benefit of the doubt...

My points of view aren't questionable babe (as he lowers his shades), you just don't have the contrition to face certain accuracies about Old Papa Macca.

Your description of me was quite amusing except no one's laughing. So what will it be? Pina Colada or a Margarita? I only drink mineral water and thanks for not making fun of my lisp.
Gastro (gone)

Postby Cologne girl » Fri Nov 14, 2003 7:52 pm

So you're back, Mr Right, with your unquestionable points of view. I had almost started to miss you. I suppose we must be glad you only drink mineral water. Heaven knows what nonsense you would come up with if you got drunk. On the other hand, they say that little children and drunkards speak the truth...
Cologne girl
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Gastro (gone) » Tue Nov 18, 2003 12:06 am

OHHH that was well below the belt CG.. I'm glad that you missed me because I never gave you a second thought.. well if you don't count that dream I had of you last night...

anyway sometimes little children need to be spanked when they have been naughty... you know your duty and I know it's going to hurt you more than it hurts me but I'm accepting the punishment...

It's time for you to make a man out of me... do you think you can do it?
Gastro (gone)

PreviousNext

Return to JOHN