Another Remixed album- Mind Games?

Discussions related to John Lennon as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Postby theDingle » Thu Oct 23, 2003 1:31 pm

Thanks on the well-said, steve-O. As far as MG, I say "nix" on a remix, but "yo" on any solo Beatle remastering (except for STINYC & Lions/Two Virgins type crap).
theDingle
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby Gastro (gone) » Thu Oct 23, 2003 7:36 pm

I see you've given up, Gastro wins again.
Yeah Yeah Yeah !!!!
Wooo Hoooooo !!!
[:D]

Original topic ha.. ok MG is the work of a genius, mastered or remastered.
Gastro (gone)

Postby Cologne girl » Thu Oct 23, 2003 7:38 pm

No, Gastro, I am not afraid of following through with my comments, especially since I know that at least on this board, you are a lot closer to being the "odd one out" than myself. It is just that in this case, Dr. Dingle has now said everything there was to be said IMHO - and much more eloquently than I could have done. I think he got a lot closer to "objectivity" than you, his views are quite balanced, and as he said, what he says is well documented (on "Anthology", for instance) - Dr. Dingle wins, you lose.

If he should also be right about the tongue frozen in your cheek (I don't know if he is), just give it a break every now and then, otherwise it will get stuck there forever... I don't know what you do in "real life" - but have you ever considered writing for one of these sophisticated music magazines? I'm sure they would appreciate your contributions a lot more than we do - although maybe even they might felt overtaken at times...
Cologne girl
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Gastro (gone) » Thu Oct 23, 2003 7:44 pm

and Auj has no idea what she's talking about..hmm let's see it's ok for Paul to remaster his drivel albums like POP and RAM and Wild Life and RRS and ATSOS and Mac2 and PTP but it's not right for Yoko to clean up John's 6 only solo albums and re-release them ???

That makes perfect sense to me as it would to all of John's fans. Mind Games is a Mona Lisa compared to Paul's solo albums and you know what if people weren't buying them she wouldn't be doing it. Case Closed. Next !!!!

Good on you Yoko, these Macca fans can't stand John's legacy continually over shadowing Paul and his and their futile attempts at denigrating his achievements to push forward their deranged agenda.
Gastro (gone)

Postby Gastro (gone) » Thu Oct 23, 2003 7:57 pm

quote:Originally posted by Cologne girl
No, Gastro, I am not afraid of following through with my comments, especially since I know that at least on this board, you are a lot closer to being the "odd one out" than myself. It is just that in this case, Dr. Dingle has now said everything there was to be said IMHO - and much more eloquently than I could have done. I think he got a lot closer to "objectivity" than you, his views are quite balanced, and as he said, what he says is well documented (on "Anthology", for instance) - Dr. Dingle wins, you lose.

If he should also be right about the tongue frozen in your cheek (I don't know if he is), just give it a break every now and then, otherwise it will get stuck there forever... I don't know what you do in "real life" - but have you ever considered writing for one of these sophisticated music magazines? I'm sure they would appreciate your contributions a lot more than we do - although maybe even they might felt overtaken at times...

I win because I am with the majority. My views are the same as the majority. The majority always beats the minority because the majority is greater than the minority. Since the majority is greater than the minority then you can call that a fact. Don't blame me babe I am just the messenger. If you don't like what I say or don't believe anything that I say maybe you should write to all those magazines and tell them to stop printing bad articles about Paul's music. Maybe you should ring up all the radio stations and tell them to start playing Paul's solo music more than John's. That's the best I can do for you babe.

As far as where my tongue is, well it has a mind of its own but it can do lots of great tricks. Those tricks are for me to know and you to find out. [;)]

ps You don't smell so nice anymore, maybe you should move to Munich.
Gastro (gone)

Postby Cologne girl » Thu Oct 23, 2003 8:21 pm

Munich might be OK in the next life, but not in this one... Now obviously, you understand by "majority" the music hacks. I think you are wrong there. The majority is the STREET you invoke every now and then, and the music magazines in no way reflect the views of the STREET, they just reflect their own views. The majority express their views in sales figures, and they have spoken pretty clearly and will go on doing so.

As for the radio stations, I am quite satisfied and don't have to call them up because at least in these latitudes (don't know about Munich, though) we get a fair amount of Macca songs on the air. The only John song I recall to have heard aired recently was "Jealous Guy", and not the original, but the cover version by Roxy Music - and the guy on the radio thought the song was THEIRS. Just tune in to "Radio Köln" (our local radio station), and you'll be surprised...

As for Yoko's re-releases, how can you be sure John would approve them? And above all, what's the intention behind them? Could it be that she just wants to make some more "bucks", and that she's not the saint you make her out to be??

I'll go and take a shower now, babe, just in case you were right...
Cologne girl
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Gastro (gone) » Thu Oct 23, 2003 9:45 pm

The Street hasn't bought a Paul McCartney record since Say Say Say which was 20 years ago love.

The Street laugh at Paul, Noel Gallagher laughs at Paul. Have you ever read Noel Gallagher's review of Lennon Legend? This is a guy who knows how to write a decent song babe. He's the street, he and all his mates. Or should we go through the sales figures of Paul's albums from the 80's till now if that's what you call street cred. Paul doesn't care how many people on your street buy his albums anymore babe. He wants the people on my street to give him cred. The people on John's side of the street, love. Paul's problem is he doesn't want to walk to John's side of the street, he wants to be asked first.

Your point about Yoko is completely irrelevant babe. It could be because the originals were so bad or that she does want to make some more money. Did you think about why Paul remastered his entire catalogue before you wrote that? Obviously not because Paul doesn't want to make money huh. That was a blonde moment from you babe, r u really a blonde because you sound like it otherwise it's a good impersonation.

On second thought you don't have the class to be a Munich babe, don't worry about scrubbing up now, Let's just go out for some goulash and sauerkraut. [}:)][:D]
Gastro (gone)

Postby Cologne girl » Fri Oct 24, 2003 6:52 pm

Elsewhere, you said you were living in Australia. I couldn't believe that, either. I had always dreamt of going to see Australia one day, but I might just consider changing dreams. And by the way, I am not blonde, and your sexist comments are totally beside the point, BABE. If this gets down to a level of personal attacks, it is not fun anymore; all it does is that it shows your real personality.

You have understood very little of what has been said. Now the thing is, and I'll try and explain myself better, about Macca lots of people have said he might be slightly too much after the money. But with Yoko, as you seem to think, everything is just for the good cause, and I really don't think so. I am not as big-headed as to say she IS greedy just because I SAY SO and consider myself the supreme authority on the subject because after all, I don't know her personally - but then, DO YOU? - And where are these lists of all time favourites packed with John's songs that you keep citing? Have you got any links or other kind of info? And why, according to you, did the other Street (allegedly NOT John's street, this is starting to look like a labyrinth, thank God they have invented navigation systems) go and see Macca on tour at all, if it was pretty clear that he was just going to do HIS (according to you, second class) Beatles songs? And has it ever occurred to you that JUST BECAUSE John put out fewer records and had no chance to continue after "Double Fantasy", he hardly turned out any trash?

As I said somewhere else, I think John himself would disagree with a lot of your verbal injuries. Just go to Munich (although you'll be late for the beer festival), have some sauerkraut yourself and relax, BABE. I don't think your negativity is going to take you anywhere; what's more, I think the antagonism verging on obsesseion is not between John and Paul, but inside yourself.
Cologne girl
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Cologne girl » Sat Oct 25, 2003 8:09 am

And you didn't even get the facts right. As for singles sales, permit me to refer you to this same site, where you can find a list, and it doesn't end in 1983. In Germany (which is not as important as the US and the UK, but it's not Outer Mongolia, either - that's not meaning to put down Outer Mongolia, it's just a phrase), "Hope of Deliverance" made no. 3 in 1993, so at least 10 years later. But as you correctly said, that's not the point.

If you can't see the difference between Paul remastering his own material and Yoko messing around with someone else`s (even if he happened to be her husband), someone help you, I can't.

As for this mesh of STREETS (quite significantly, in the beginning it was just one STREET, now you see yourself forced to differentiate), I don't know what makes you assume YOU belong on the same side as John. You are just a professional or self-appointed music critic with some very idiosyncratic views - what songs have you written, at what exhibitions can we see your works, on what shelves do they nastily hide the books of your poetry? John, Paul, George and Ringo gave the world something, each in their own particular manner, so for me, they belong on the same side of the street, and you and the rest of us belong on some other side. Now if you wish to single out yourself and some music critics and Noel Gallagher (who will know his name in 20 years?) and Phil Norman and I don't know who else could (wish to)belong there as the Select Few who as babies instead of milk absorbed Good Taste, you are perfectly entitled to do so, but you will be pretty lonely UP THERE rattling your jewelry. The rest of us in the cheaper seats will just clap our hands and keep having fun because ignorance makes happy and Silly Love Songs will keep entertaining the world (and most of its streets) until it stops spinning.
Cologne girl
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Maestri09 » Sat Oct 25, 2003 4:05 pm

paul was never jealous. he just wants the credit (or feels he deserves credit) for saving the beatles from 1967 onwards.
...Speaking of "artsy", to whom should we **credit** Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band?
Maestri09
Bronze member
Bronze member

PreviousNext

Return to JOHN