Fred Seaman

Discussions related to John Lennon as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Fred Seaman

Postby Berkeleyan » Thu Sep 25, 2003 10:12 am

What's the deal on this Fred guy ? What happened to the material he stole, if that happened? I mean, all I know is:
He was hired as John's personal assistant during the late seventies. Apparently John was enticed because of the name (Alfred Lennon was Jonh's dad and was working at sea) and the fact that Fred was born almost on the same date as himself. He apparently was always close at hand during the period John spent composing stuff for Double Fantasy, and apparently he stole John's diaries and stuff after John's murder.
Berkeleyan
Gold member :)

Fred Seaman

Postby Berkeleyan » Thu Sep 25, 2003 10:12 am

What's the deal on this Fred guy ? What happened to the material he stole, if that happened? I mean, all I know is:
He was hired as John's personal assistant during the late seventies. Apparently John was enticed because of the name (Alfred Lennon was Jonh's dad and was working at sea) and the fact that Fred was born almost on the same date as himself. He apparently was always close at hand during the period John spent composing stuff for Double Fantasy, and apparently he stole John's diaries and stuff after John's murder.
Berkeleyan

Postby Steve-o » Thu Sep 25, 2003 10:54 am

Who knows....lotsa conflicting reports and stories about this dude and anything connected with the Dakota period.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby scrodfish256 » Thu Sep 25, 2003 11:45 am

appearently all of the material from "lennon in america" is from john's stolen diary that resurfaced somehow. Who really knows, since nobody has actually seen this diary in public.
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Harry » Fri Oct 03, 2003 7:25 am

I think Yoko successfully sued Fred and got the diaries back.
Harry

Postby Berkeleyan » Thu Oct 09, 2003 7:07 am

Thanks for the update, Harry.
Berkeleyan

Postby Harry » Thu Oct 09, 2003 8:25 am

No problem Berkley. I read that in a newsagent, browsing through some music mags. Am i the only one that does that? [:I] There was a whole article on it. I wonder if he made copies?
Harry

Postby Berkeleyan » Fri Oct 10, 2003 12:42 pm

If I were in Fred´s shoes I would´ve xeroxed the whole thing before turning it in...[:D]
Berkeleyan

Postby Harry » Sun Oct 12, 2003 5:25 am

And then I'd leak the contents at a price to the media. Actually no I wouldn't because if I was John's friend that would be an act of betrayal. Hmmm that's a tough one.
Harry

Postby Berkeleyan » Mon Oct 13, 2003 6:34 am

Well If I were John's friend and with his diaries, I'd write a book about them. I suppose I'd find an editor for it and a decent book deal to accompany it. I guess I would never sell them or expose them for a price but don't make me swear on it...

...like the man himself said once: "possession is nine tenths of the problem". According to him, I'd not have a problem on that...[:)]
Berkeleyan

Return to JOHN