I'm new!

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Brains » Sun Jun 23, 2002 10:20 am

I think it's because Holland isn't at the World Cup, but the quality of all teams is quite bad. Brazil only has Ronaldinho, Ronaldo and sometimes Rivaldo. The rest just isn't very talented. Germany, well let's not even go there. And how on earth can South Corea and Turkey get into the semi-finals?

But South Corea has a dutch coach, so that makes up a bit. It's a nice team, not as spoiled as those european superstars. I hope they'll win, but I fear that in the final Germany will beat Brazil 1-0...
Brains
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby karly » Sun Jun 23, 2002 12:13 pm

soccer schmoccer! of wait! don't you guys call it football? lol!

anyhow...gosh i think we are the only country who doesn't as a WHOLE get into that sport!

anyone see that Mariners game last night? WHEW! good game...unfortunately they lost

I believe in me
karly

Postby Klunk » Sun Jun 23, 2002 3:28 pm

Mariners? Who or what are they?

If you want it, Come and get it!
Klunk

Postby Be-Bop-VaLuLa » Sun Jun 23, 2002 11:23 pm

Hello Karly and everyone!!!
Hey, karly!
I'm ValeRigby
Do you like my name here?
Be-Bop-VaLuLa

Postby dsnito » Tue Jul 02, 2002 4:19 pm

[/quote]
Not to worry, we just weren't good enough, we lacked a bit of magic, but the Brazilians were well worth the victory and I'll be supporting them to the final! Nothing personal, but PLEASE don't let the bloody Germans win!

If you want it, Come and get it!
[/quote]

Well, Klunk... we did it, man!!! And thanks for supporting us!!!
Brazil's soccer is World Cup Championship's Five Stars now!! Sorry Germans, your great goal-keeper Kahn and all the team did what they could but Ronaldo was in a "Phenomenal"day...Thanks "Golden Boys"!!!!

Peace.

Edited by - dsnito on 07/02/2002 16:21:25

Edited by - dsnito on 07/02/2002 16:40:09
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby dsnito » Tue Jul 02, 2002 4:32 pm

Sorry for this off-topic quote again, but I just couldn't hold it, folks!!! It's like a madness all over the country streets!!!! People are goin'crazy dancing and messin'around in the streets!!!We Brazilians are a soccermaniac people!!! I wanna sleep now, please(laughing)...!!!

Peace.

Edited by - dsnito on 07/02/2002 16:36:11
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Steve-o » Wed Jul 03, 2002 9:30 am

Dsnito--I hope things have calmed down a bit before I get there on the 13th.!!! Being a middle aged American male, I HATE soccer (or as you guys call it---football). Take the goalie out every two minutes for a 1/2 minute or something--anything to give me some scoring! Just my age and upbringing, no doubt.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby dsnito » Wed Jul 03, 2002 11:11 am

quote:
Dsnito--I hope things have calmed down a bit before I get there on the 13th.!!! Being a middle aged American male, I HATE soccer (or as you guys call it---football). Take the goalie out every two minutes for a 1/2 minute or something--anything to give me some scoring! Just my age and upbringing, no doubt.

Don't worry Steve, I think until 13th the hysteria will calm down over here(I hope). Let me tell ya fellow, the local people's hysteria when the brazilian team's airplane was landing on the airport was a total crayziness, people started to scream, cry and some of them trying to run through the airplane runway!! Your son's fiancé can tell you how is that soccer madness!! It reminded me, you know, the Beatles arrival to their 1st US tour in 1964...what a hysteria!!
I love soccer(or football like we call it), but I'm not sooo fanatical to get hysteric at that point... I'm glad for the World Championship, but it's just a moment happiness to me. As in my turn, I don't hate american football, but otherwise, just didn't understand the game yet, sorry for this!! I tried to watch some games on cable TV but just couldn't stand so much watching full time game.
And finally, tell me, which game is most popular to you americans, football or baseball??

Peace

Edited by - dsnito on 07/03/2002 11:15:59
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Steve-o » Wed Jul 03, 2002 11:19 am

That's funny dsnito-my daughter in law said the same thing about a "Beatle-like" greeting for your WC champs. (She is well trained in Beatles 101--her Mom and Dad are huge fans--it is our common thing!). As for football/baseball here, you could ask a 100 different people and it would probably be split. I prefer football---it used to be the other way around---there's just too much baseball on TV now--overaturation for me. Both sports are so free-agent driven that it makes it hard to keep a team together for a spell--and $$$ rules more than ever...I think I'll start getting into curling!!!
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ram1 » Wed Jul 03, 2002 11:20 am

I could talk about football and baseball all day.
Ram1

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA - all discussions