what would george think of L.I.B naked ?

Discussions related to George Harrison as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

what would george think of L.I.B naked ?

Postby jamie » Sun Sep 21, 2003 10:02 am

i think he might have been against this release - he was the one least enthusiastic about doing the anthology stuff . george said 'no' quite often during the 80's and 90's .
jamie
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Ghavi » Sun Sep 21, 2003 4:49 pm

He was always in the "Get Over Beatles Era" like Lennon in the early 70´...he was a very Filosofic and religious man that learn to live in the present...Not in the past...he have the time of his life with the beatles but he always live into the present time...
Ghavi

Postby Berkeleyan » Mon Sep 22, 2003 7:19 am

Jamie is probably right. We´ll never know for sure. I´ll just add my ten cents: After I read about Ringo´s opinion, I guess he´d eventually talk George into agreeing with the release...
Berkeleyan
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby jamie » Mon Sep 22, 2003 10:28 am

quote:Originally posted by Ghavi
He was always in the "Get Over Beatles Era" like Lennon in the early 70´...he was a very Filosofic and religious man that learn to live in the present...Not in the past...he have the time of his life with the beatles but he always live into the present time...
true ! but then he'd do a track like 'when we was fab' - ok it was a tongue n cheek number but he knows a derivative track like that will sell .(he had a few songs like that)
jamie
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Steve-o » Mon Sep 22, 2003 10:39 am

Yeah...George was an enigma, WAD. I think Lynne had alot to do with that track that was mentioned, but GH could have vetoed it if he had wanted. It's amazing to me that he would release an album with a track like that, and then still say out of the corner of his mouth "Let's live for today---Beatles was then"...same as Lennon. (Could there be a more Beatlesque song in the world: "Women"....)

I think GH would have blown hot and cold over this one, and eventually agreed, but not before the album was retitled "FOR YOU BLUE", lol.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Grillo » Tue Sep 23, 2003 1:37 am

I love GH, but he had 2 faces sometimes. If his two songs on the album were included, he would be happy, i know this for sure [;)]
and if Macca wouldnt be bossy...
He had his BIG egos too. LEt´s face it, he wasnt Jesuschrist
Just remember the Anthologies episodies: he vetoed the original named thought-Long and Winding Road- and also vetoed Carnival of Light of being included. And he and MArtin vetoed the 27 minutes version of Helter Skelter (this decision was OK, how many people could be assassinated with this freaky Helter Skelter rendition?[:D])
Grillo
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Harry » Fri Oct 03, 2003 7:30 am

I disagree. I don't think George is a sour puss. He may have disagreed about the title but he would have let it go.
Harry

Postby jamie » Sat Oct 04, 2003 8:41 am

well george was as happy as anyone to stick his finger in the beatles plum pudding - it was no use him pretending to be unhappy about the anthology or whatever .
jamie
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby admiralvanderbilt » Wed Oct 08, 2003 12:57 pm

I'm pretty sure George would have vetoed it.

But presumably Olivia / Dhani now get to vote at the Beatle family table - together with Yoko, Ringo and Paul.

Wow, what a family gathering that would be.

Just got a mental picture of them sitting round the table at Christmas, wearing silly hats and pulling crackers...

(Er, not sure if crackers translates....)
admiralvanderbilt
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby jamie » Wed Oct 08, 2003 1:47 pm

yeah i was wondering the same - have olivia and dhani got a say in beatles releases now ?
jamie
Bronze member
Bronze member

Next

Return to GEORGE