about Linda ??

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

about Linda ??

Postby Nana » Sat Jun 29, 2002 8:07 am

This might sound like an English lesson, but will you pleeeease help me with this word I don't understand, which is from the book 'Blackbird' ??

You know when Jimmy Mac tries to shoot Paul, there's a sentence which goes :
'Peering into the darkened room, he saw the former teenage heart throb and his Shetlandish wife sleeping soundly.....'

What does he mean by 'Shetlandish' wife ?? It is about Linda, isn't it ?? I just don't understand !!
Nana

about Linda ??

Postby Nana » Sat Jun 29, 2002 8:07 am

This might sound like an English lesson, but will you pleeeease help me with this word I don't understand, which is from the book 'Blackbird' ??

You know when Jimmy Mac tries to shoot Paul, there's a sentence which goes :
'Peering into the darkened room, he saw the former teenage heart throb and his Shetlandish wife sleeping soundly.....'

What does he mean by 'Shetlandish' wife ?? It is about Linda, isn't it ?? I just don't understand !!
Nana

Postby Chris Speers » Sat Jun 29, 2002 8:14 am

Shetlandish is a weird adjective - I think it might mean that she was Shetlandish meaning her hair was a combo of light red and blonde. The man who wrote the book Geoffrey Guliano tried to fake his own death in the WTC tragedy by claiming to be in the building. That tells you all you need to know about his integrity!!

The funniest part of the book is McCartney hitting little Jimmy McCullough in the face when he wouldn't go on for an encore!
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Nana » Sat Jun 29, 2002 8:29 am

Thanks, Chris ! Problem solved !!
I thought 'Shetlandish' simply means someone coming from Shetland Islands !! Doesn't make sense, does it ? Linda is from New York !
Ha ha ha.
Nana

Postby shinestar » Sat Jun 29, 2002 10:21 pm

There's also a Shetland type of pony, which I believe is what they bought for their daughters. Maybe he meant her love of horses. Or maybe he meant she often wore Shetland sweaters. Who knows?
shinestar
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby MACCAFAN2K » Wed Jul 03, 2002 4:03 pm

I thought perhaps it was taken from what was said about Linda in her school yearbook. They called her 'Shetlandish'...
MACCAFAN2K

Postby shinestar » Wed Jul 03, 2002 8:56 pm

oh, yeah, I forgot about the yearbook. Well, Linda and I were the same age and at that time Shetland sweaters were really popular, so she probably wore them a lot.
shinestar
Bronze member
Bronze member

Return to MACCA - all discussions