Maccobain

Discussions related to Paul as a Beatle.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Berkeleyan » Thu Sep 04, 2003 12:07 pm

That´s what I want
That´s what I want....yeah,
That´s what I want.

Love the tune, but not my creed though.

One can measure success through happiness
but one cannot measure happiness through success
Berkeleyan
Gold member :)

Postby Gastro (gone) » Thu Sep 04, 2003 8:03 pm

quote:Originally posted by stevew628
quote:Originally posted by Gastro Boy
Answer me this simple question. If somebody came up to you and said " Would you like more money?" would you say yes or no?

This is just a yes or no question.

If you say yes, tell me why you would want more money?

Dude, you are digging yourself into a huge hole here. You are proving my point that you'll never get it. Cobain's suicide had nothing to do with money. As for your question, I'll take it and probably give it to one of my kids, but I'm indifferent about money to be honest. I've had it and not had it, but my happiness never depended on it. Ever. Again..this has nothing to do with his suicide at all.

You're trying to complicate a trivial situation. You say you don't care whether you have money or not , whether you live in a privileged society or not because your happiness does not depend on those things but at the end of the day who's going to put food on your table if you don't? Who's going to pay your bills if you don't? No one will and you can't argue with that.

Financial independence allows you to stop worrying about money and do the things with your life that YOU want to do. That's what everyone strives for. People who have more money are less sick, better educated and live longer than people who don't.

The point I'm trying to make with Cobain is that he made it as a white boy in a white country. He has no right to get onstage and sing about wanting to kill himself and how depressed he is ESPECIALLY since he made it big (with that comes fame and wealth). There are more people in Amercia who have less of an opportunity to make it and less of an opportunity to succeed simply becuause they weren't blue eyed, blonde haired white boys. Do you understand what I'm trying to say?

Bottom line, he was a putz.
Gastro (gone)

Postby theDingle » Thu Sep 04, 2003 9:05 pm

It's been almost 9 years or so, but I seem to remember reading in the ROLLINGSTONE mag tribute that Cobain had some lingering issues with having come out of a dysfunctional family upbringing.

That poopy can be some deep-rooted poopy. Achieving the American Dream is not the answer to everything.

..thought I should clean it up a little, lol!
theDingle

Postby Gastro (gone) » Thu Sep 04, 2003 9:16 pm

Fine, he should've got off the stage , became a bum, gone back to the shlthole he came from and stopped complaining because his mummy didn't breast feed him.
Gastro (gone)

Postby Steve-o » Thu Sep 04, 2003 9:34 pm

quote:Originally posted by theDingle
That sh!t can be some deep-rooted sh!t. Achieving the American Dream is not the answer to everything.[/font=Comic Sans MS][/b]
Well said, Dingle!! And gas---you won't ever "get" it. Sigh.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Gastro (gone) » Thu Sep 04, 2003 9:50 pm

Oh I do get it... it's called the music business... not just music.. unfortuantely it's you that doesn't get it.

.. and a few others it seems...

hold on.. hold on.. oh nooooo... I think I have a bout of depression coming on... it started when my.. my my..my mother spanked me when I was 5 because I wanted to .. to cross the street... all by myself.... and and .. she wouldn't let me... I WANNA DIE !!!! I WANNNA KILL MYSELF... DO ME THRILL ME KISS ME KILL ME .......

WAAHHHHH
WAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH
WAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
[:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(]
Gastro (gone)

Postby theDingle » Thu Sep 04, 2003 10:10 pm

quote:Originally posted by stevew628
Well said, Dingle!! And gas---you won't ever "get" it. Sigh.

Thank you, Quote-Meister! LOL [8D]

Gastro, you missed your calling, maybe you should have been one of these managers/recording executives that run talent in the ground before the next musical fad takes over. They could give a squat about the well-being of their artists---it's more about squeezing blood out of turnip--there!...doesn't that sound more like your cup of tea, gasbaggy? LOL [}:)][:)][:D]

Now, the Eagles did have a point in their lyrics to Get Over It, but still, there's always 2 sides to a coin.

Howz'bout them Foo Fighters? Hot stuff, they flip my switch!
theDingle

Postby Gastro (gone) » Thu Sep 04, 2003 10:23 pm

Ding Dong why don't you take your acoustic guitar out on a street corner and play some of your great nasal stuff. Perhaps you might be discovered.. if not I have .45 which you can borrow.. just make sure it's clean when I get it back.

Ta [:p][}:)][;)]
Gastro (gone)

Postby theDingle » Thu Sep 04, 2003 10:46 pm

Suffice to say, as Grillo mentioned, Macca thought Cobain a genious, was sorry to see him gone.

Takes one to know one. One [:o)] who isn't just can't recognize one.
theDingle

Postby Gastro (gone) » Thu Sep 04, 2003 11:02 pm

By definition one illiterate [:X] can't read.
By definiton someone mentally challenged [^] cannot comprehend. Unfortunately in your case this cannot be cured.
Gastro (gone)

PreviousNext

Return to Paul as a Beatle