The Last Interview

Discussions related to John Lennon as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Maestri09 » Tue Jun 17, 2003 1:03 am

paul was always the most polite, the most resistant to change, and the most conventional in composing (ie: he didn't write "semolina pilchard, yellow matter custard"; he didn't play the sitar and adopt eastern sounds)

john's argument seems to be more of a natural personality thing rather than a hidden agenda.
Maestri09
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby admiralvanderbilt » Thu Jun 19, 2003 3:20 am

quote:Originally posted by Maestri09
john's argument seems to be more of a natural personality thing rather than a hidden agenda.

Exactly...
admiralvanderbilt
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Gastro (gone) » Mon Aug 25, 2003 10:14 pm

I think John is complaining about the singles Paperback Writer/Rain, Strawberry Fields/Penny Lane, Hello Goodbye/I Am the Walrus... I think the John song in all these is better than the Paul one but the Paul song is more likely to be something you'd hear on radio...
Gastro (gone)

Postby Maestri09 » Tue Aug 26, 2003 3:51 am

hmmm....I wonder what would have happened to "hey jude" if "revolution" had been on the A-side
Maestri09
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Berkeleyan » Tue Aug 26, 2003 7:04 am

In short: Y. Ono secured control over John thru' his shades of insecurity and his paranoia. The more paranoid John got, the better for her...she's been a control freak all along.

Song-wise, John was always personal and Paul "general" and more melodic. And of course the latter was more appealing to charts and sales...
Berkeleyan
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby bianca_macca » Tue Aug 26, 2003 9:10 am

quote:Originally posted by maccastheman
Sean seems to have inherited that paranoia as well. (The CIA was behind the idiot that killed John - no need to mention his name)

I once read a book about the 'CIA-involvement' in John's killing. Very interesting, but so FREAKY [:0]. I don't remember the author, but he must be the most paranoid person on earth (alongside his arguments for Johns killing he also more or less accused the CIA of being the mastermind behind Kennedy's assasination too, etc. etc.). He went way too far....[:o)]
bianca_macca
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Gastro (gone) » Tue Aug 26, 2003 8:08 pm

I wouldn't say that Bianca.. because Sean also believes John's was a "political" assasination.. ie organised by the government...

It's hard to know what's true and what's fiction with the last few years of Johns's life... but one thing I can't deny is that he did not look healthy.. he looked frail and underweight.. Goldman mentioned that in his book.. if he was right about that, maybe he was right about all the drug taking...

In that last interview John still demonstrated a sharp wit and came across as very intelligent.. I just get the feeling with some of the comments he made about Paul and George that they still would not have buried the hatchet..
Gastro (gone)

Postby Steve-o » Tue Aug 26, 2003 10:29 pm

Sean suffers from having a controlling mother, so I'm not surprised at some of the stuff he says. She's made him as paranoid as she made John. I wish the thin ice would just crack, lol.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Gastro (gone) » Tue Aug 26, 2003 11:18 pm

Yoko Ono put some trees in a coffin and called it art. Life after death !!

People paid to go see that sh*t !!!
Gastro (gone)

Postby unclekevin » Thu Aug 28, 2003 10:43 am

i resd that book it is called....who killed john lennon...i enjoyed the book...made me think...i wouldn't put anything past the us government
unclekevin

PreviousNext

Return to JOHN