Blackbird Geoffrey Guiliano's book

This forum is to alert fans when Paul pops up on TV, radio, magazines, newspapers, websites.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Gastro (gone) » Tue Aug 26, 2003 9:24 pm

I read this book and although some of the stuff JoJo and Denny Laine say is likely to be true I found this author to be very irritating. He seems like a guy who wishes he was in but was out, having an association with outer circle Beatle people and this somehow makes him an authority.

This guy needs a life.
Gastro (gone)

Postby Gastro (gone) » Tue Aug 26, 2003 9:24 pm

I read this book and although some of the stuff JoJo and Denny Laine say is likely to be true I found this author to be very irritating. He seems like a guy who wishes he was in but was out, having an association with outer circle Beatle people and this somehow makes him an authority.

This guy needs a life.
Gastro (gone)

Postby Steve-o » Tue Aug 26, 2003 10:26 pm

Here Here!!! For once, Gastro, we totally agree on something. The guy is a joke.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Gastro (gone) » Tue Aug 26, 2003 11:15 pm

There was no subjectivity at all. I'm the type of fan that sees the good with the bad. The same way that to really love your country, your football team, your wife etc.. you have to be able to see the good with the bad which is why I'm not afraid to point out Paul's mistakes but people that write books like this guy really piss me off.

For example , the whole interview on Pete Best is spent trying to get him to say something bad about Paul, trying to say it was Paul who wanted him out etc.. when he's been saying since day one he does not know why he was kicked out.

The guy interviewd JoJo and Denny and basically made a book out of it. Simple as that. He dismissed Flowers in the Dirt in about one line. Just a dumb book.
Gastro (gone)

Return to MACCA In-The-Media