The Ballad Of Julian And Yoko

Discussions related to John Lennon as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

The Ballad Of Julian And Yoko

Postby Brains » Mon Apr 14, 2003 5:19 pm

I always hear you guys talking about how bad Yoko treated Julian. I immediately believe you, but I've never heard about that. Can you give me some examples of that?
Brains
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby dsnito » Mon Apr 14, 2003 8:09 pm

Well Brains, a thing that I know is that Yoko EVER has treaten Julian with her usual coldness, but I don´t know if she used to be agressive to him...She IS an insipid and boring person as EVER.

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby dsnito » Mon Apr 14, 2003 8:29 pm

Hahaha[:D]I knew right now in a webnews site that Yoko is a hit on Dance music parade at the age 70 with a "Walkin On The Thin Ice" remix and that the song is signed just as "ONO" being a pun to "OH-NO!"(means oh, no!!It´s Yoko again!)Hahaha...very funny[:D]!

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Steve-o » Mon Apr 14, 2003 9:52 pm

quote:Originally posted by Brains
I always hear you guys talking about how bad Yoko treated Julian. I immediately believe you, but I've never heard about that. Can you give me some examples of that?
She has been especially stingy with John's memorabilia, and of course, John's money. She didn't even invite him to the Lennon trbute in NYC in the fall of 2001. Once Sean was born she went to great strides to cut Julian out of John's life. Very sad. There are many specific examples in many of the Lennon books. It's almost like she was jealous of him in some twisted way.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby maccastheman » Tue Apr 15, 2003 10:06 pm

quote:Originally posted by dsnito
Hahaha[:D]I knew right now in a webnews site that Yoko is a hit on Dance music parade at the age 70 with a "Walkin On The Thin Ice" remix and that the song is signed just as "ONO" being a pun to "OH-NO!"(means oh, no!!It´s Yoko again!)Hahaha...very funny[:D]!

Peace.

The remix is #6 on the Billboard Dance/Club Play list. Yoko the disco diva, lol! Look out Donna Summer. [:D]

Were it not for the incredible producers behind the remixing, I can't imagine the song doing well.

I think Elvis Costello once covered that song as well. It's a hell of thing to do, you know. [;)]
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Maestri09 » Mon Aug 04, 2003 5:27 pm

I thought I saw a picture once of Julian, Yoko and Sean promoting Julian's 1985 Album "Valotte".
Maestri09
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Berkeleyan » Mon Aug 11, 2003 7:27 am

They were civil to each other by then. Nowadays Julian is apparently "exiled" in France and supposedly hates YOno´s guts.
Berkeleyan
Gold member :)

Postby admiralvanderbilt » Wed Aug 13, 2003 5:32 am

No news on Julian's website since April 2002! Where is he hiding?!

http://www.julianlennon.com
admiralvanderbilt
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Mike » Fri Aug 15, 2003 10:15 am

Since his parents divorced or separated, my understanding is that Julian only got to see his dad seven times.

Such a great father, no he wasn't. He was more interested in his new life and attempted to redeem himself by becoming a house husband with his 2nd son. I don't understand how a person with so much love for one son can totally abandon the other. Again, speculation is it was Yoko, but who is to say.
Mike

Postby Steve-o » Fri Aug 15, 2003 10:49 am

True, Mike. I think his comments about one being a "love child" and the other being "born out of a whiskey bottle on a Saturady Night" were really crass and uncaring towards Julian. I think this was from the Playboy interview in Dec 1980. Who is to say why? In this case, it may have been Yoko's influence, but ultimately, he has to be judged for his actions towards his children.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Next

Return to JOHN