Blackbird: The Life and Times of Paul McCartney

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Liam OSM » Mon Jun 24, 2002 11:03 am

And is it just me, or did this forum just go a bit funny, being impossible to access? I suddenly got a message about it being "timed out" or something, and was inaccessible for several minutes. Was it just me?

The difference between genius and insanity is merely the difference between success and failure.
Liam OSM
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby dsnito » Mon Jun 24, 2002 11:59 am

No, me too. Maybe the site was very busy.

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby dsnito » Mon Jun 24, 2002 12:06 pm

quote:
Quite - according to Wingspan, McCulloch and Seiwell both left the band 'cos they didn't want to go to Africa.

The difference between genius and insanity is merely the difference between success and failure.

Liam, McCulloch is Jimmy, Henry that supposed knocked Paul, is McCULLOUGH... the names are quite similar so some people confuse'em!

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Klunk » Mon Jun 24, 2002 5:11 pm

If we're talking about Blackbird by Geoffrey Gulliano I have to say it's the biggest piece of sh1t I've ever read. Apart from anything else it's very badly written and having read some other stuff that Gulliano has done and read some interviews with him I think the guy is a grade A jerk. His books are about him, such is his huge ego. If you want to read a good book about Paul try Chet Flippo's book. Or of course Many Years From Now. The best Beatles book I've ever read is Revolution In The Head by Ian MacDonald, definately worth seeking out.

If you want it, Come and get it!
Klunk

Postby Klunk » Mon Jun 24, 2002 5:12 pm

If we're talking about Blackbird by Geoffrey Gulliano I have to say it's the biggest piece of sh1t I've ever read. Apart from anything else it's very badly written and having read some other stuff that Gulliano has done and read some interviews with him I think the guy is a grade A jerk. His books are about him, such is his huge ego. If you want to read a good book about Paul try Chet Flippo's book. Or of course Many Years From Now. The best Beatles book I've ever read is Revolution In The Head by Ian MacDonald, definately worth seeking out.

If you want it, Come and get it!
Klunk

Postby Ram1 » Mon Jun 24, 2002 5:40 pm

Regarding access to the site, it's been slow for me at times the past few days as well. I've also got the "timed out" thing.
Ram1

Postby Steve-o » Mon Jun 24, 2002 7:17 pm

Ram---I've had the same problem....
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby shinestar » Mon Jun 24, 2002 10:22 pm

I've had problems getting on too. I think people quit Wings because they didn't like working for Paul; emphasis on for. I remember watching Let It Be when he was trying to decide how he wanted George how to play one of HIS songs, and George got so fed up, he said, "Look, if you want me to play it slow, I'll play it slow. If you want me to play it fast, I'll play it fast. If you don't want me to play at all, fine, I'll go home. Just make up your mind!" My friend and I told him to hit Paul over the head with his guitar. We thought what if someone was doing that to one of his songs??

I meant when there were Beatles, by the way. :-))
shinestar
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby shinestar » Mon Jun 24, 2002 10:24 pm

I forgot to say that Many Years From Now is one of the best researched books I've ever read. Barry Miles is an old friend of Paul's but he didn't rely on his or Paul's memories. He really did his homework and I was VERY impressed.
shinestar
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby dsnito » Wed Jun 26, 2002 5:50 am

quote:
Regarding access to the site, it's been slow for me at times the past few days as well. I've also got the "timed out" thing.

Yeah, lately this page became quite slow I think.

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA - all discussions