Imagine Documentary

Discussions related to John Lennon as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Postby shorty » Sun Jun 23, 2002 7:40 pm

I remember when I was realy little getting a book on julian lennon.

And I always remember the interview in the book saying, that his father and him were recording together and getting close. Unfortunatley some ass whith a gun ruined the closeness that could have happened.

so long see ya never
shorty

Postby karly » Sun Jun 23, 2002 9:36 pm

klunk!

you are soooo right! so much peer pressure there to keep it...how sad really.
at least they made ammends in the end

and shorts~ yes...and it's funny how your signature line fits what you said sooooooooo well

I believe in me
karly

Postby Liam OSM » Mon Jun 24, 2002 10:36 am

quote:
Julian played the drums, like most 11 year olds, I might add. It was a throw away track.

Especially as John did a more "serious" cover of the song a year later on his Rock & Roll album - which doesn't have a patch on Run Devil Run! And I'm not just saying that cos I'm a Paul person, I got 'em at the same time. RDR is much better overall, plus Paul wrote a few himself on there. Oh well . . .

The difference between genius and insanity is merely the difference between success and failure.
Liam OSM
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby Klunk » Mon Jun 24, 2002 2:10 pm

RDR is much better than John's Rock 'n' Roll, although Paul's first stab at a covers RnR album, the Russian one, was pretty lame too. It seems with RDR he was unleashing a few demons after Linda's death.

If you want it, Come and get it!
Klunk

Postby dsnito » Fri Jun 28, 2002 12:28 am

My opinion about Paul/John´s relations analyses that their rivality was just like a fight between two brothers and partners. Looking at the reasons of those fights, we could see that they had many corporation and financial questions of Apple Corps. , besides their personal and musical questions, like John talking about Paul´s songs that are muzak or foolishes and Paul in his turn saying that John was out of mind and crazy drugged, etc., it was pure jealousy ´cos behind all that wall of anger, both of them loved each other...There were a tenderness despite all those fights as we could see on interviews(though John ever intended to be a taugh guy)or when further they sometimes were meeting each other in USA. Typically a brothers fight that happens in any family, of course getting a great proportions being so famous. Now John is dead, and nobody knows how would it be their relationship today, although I guess that John might be at least an affectionate friend of Paul if he was alive...

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Chris Speers » Sat Jun 29, 2002 4:04 am

John had real bitterness and Jealously and hate toward Paul. Paul never felt anything but deep respect and reverence to John Lennon.

John Lennon was a great musician but he was an evil, selfish, greedy, person. He was the kind of guy who got off on hurting people. He was a lousy father (ask his own son - Julian. How could any man go nearly five years without once seeing his own son!) As Julian said, Lennon preached peace and love to the world but didn't apply it to his own family. Further, Lennon was an uptight, highly paranoid man almost incapable of being a loving and supportive friend. Did he ever seek to patch up his lousy words in 1970 to George Martin, Paul, Ring, and the others. In fact, Lennon destroyed almost every friendship he ever had. His closest friend at the end of his life was the evil and dishonest Eliot Mintz, a man so sleazy and so swarmy, you literally have to bath and apply deodorant after he speaks. Lennon was a sociopath and a man incapable of being a true friend. I love his music to death and i love his talent and his greatness in the Beatles is without question and he and McCartney are both equally talented - but as a person - he is slime!

Paul McCartney doesn't have an evil bone in his body. And never got off on hurting people. McCartney is a true family fan and a guy that you would like as a friend.

Say what you will - Lennon was jealous and envious of McCartney's talent, good lucks, and overall comfort in his own skin. Case closed.

Lennon can never be forgiven for not loving his own son. As his first wife so elqouently said, "He was a right bastard"
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby dsnito » Sat Jun 29, 2002 10:57 am

Well, be sure I respect your point of view Chris, but I think that John wasn´t a saint at all but also wasn´t all that damned devil in person ...
It´s clear that Paul is a good-natured and a altruist guy indeed, I even admire him more than Lennon musically or personally aspects.
So don´t you believe John would be AT LEAST a Paul´s friend today??
Well,I don´t know...
I don´t wanna be Lennon´s advocate, but he was just a human that missed a lot it´s true, but a human... And I believe that time can change people and who knows he wouldn´t be a friendly guy nowadays?? Nobody knows...

Peace.

Edited by - dsnito on 06/29/2002 11:00:51

Edited by - dsnito on 06/29/2002 11:03:55

Edited by - dsnito on 06/29/2002 19:16:55
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby karly » Sun Jun 30, 2002 5:15 pm

chris speers~

I agree with your post whole heartedly. I've tried to say similar things but didn't put it as well as you did.
John was an ***censored*** (a genius, yes but an ***censored***) and I totally agree with you calling him a sociopath I tryuly think that to John, only JOHN existed and everything else was things he could choose to play with and manipulate if he wanted to.

I believe in me
karly

Postby mr. kite » Wed Jul 03, 2002 2:36 am

whatever views you have about John, let's admit it, both John and Paul compliment each other. Whatever that Paul is right now, John has something to do with it. Let's not be too emotional about who is evil or not, the bottom line is, we gained a lot from the music of these two geniuses.
mr. kite
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Ram1 » Wed Jul 03, 2002 11:00 am

I agree with Mr. Kite. I mean, I have said many times on this forum that I think John was a jerk too. But, come on, the guy's been dead for over 20 years now. Let's give it a rest. And besides, like I said before, by all accounts, John really changed a great deal towards the end there anyway. A person can be a jerk all their life, but if they eventually change, that's the important thing. Let's not forget that.
Ram1

PreviousNext

Return to JOHN