Mix Tapes - Make your own final Beatles Solo album

This blog is an open discussion of The Beatles

Moderator: Mike

Postby Chris Speers » Wed Apr 10, 2002 7:58 am

Alright, for those of you who dig mixing songs on various mix tapes and playing with order and sequence, i put together something that i thought was pretty cool.

I combined the Solo Years 1970-1971 and pulled all the phenomenal tracks from Plastic ono Band, All Things Must Pass, McCartney, Ram, Imagine, and the various Ringo singles and decent songs and created a double CD (really 2 79 minute CD's) called "All Things Must PAss" the forgotten August 1, 1971 BEatles' early 70's Album.

So, if you have a CD recorder, think about the greatness...

In the Cd, i put together "a conflict" run of songs. To determine and really understand why critics would call it "Intensely personal"

Three Legs - Paul from Ram
Wah-wah - George
God - John
Too Many People - Paul
Early 1970 - Ringo B-side of It don't come easy
Dear Boy - Paul
How do you sleep - John
Dear Friend - Paul
Isn't it a pity _ george
Every Night - Paul
My Sweet Lord - George
Look at me - John
Isolation - John
Maybe i'm Amazed - John
All things must pass - George
Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey - Paul

And many more..

I'm thinking of putting something similiar for 1973, and 1980 althought you must admit the quality of the great song diminishes over the time period.
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Chris Speers » Wed Apr 10, 2002 7:58 am

Alright, for those of you who dig mixing songs on various mix tapes and playing with order and sequence, i put together something that i thought was pretty cool.

I combined the Solo Years 1970-1971 and pulled all the phenomenal tracks from Plastic ono Band, All Things Must Pass, McCartney, Ram, Imagine, and the various Ringo singles and decent songs and created a double CD (really 2 79 minute CD's) called "All Things Must PAss" the forgotten August 1, 1971 BEatles' early 70's Album.

So, if you have a CD recorder, think about the greatness...

In the Cd, i put together "a conflict" run of songs. To determine and really understand why critics would call it "Intensely personal"

Three Legs - Paul from Ram
Wah-wah - George
God - John
Too Many People - Paul
Early 1970 - Ringo B-side of It don't come easy
Dear Boy - Paul
How do you sleep - John
Dear Friend - Paul
Isn't it a pity _ george
Every Night - Paul
My Sweet Lord - George
Look at me - John
Isolation - John
Maybe i'm Amazed - John
All things must pass - George
Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey - Paul

And many more..

I'm thinking of putting something similiar for 1973, and 1980 althought you must admit the quality of the great song diminishes over the time period.
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby crozzauk » Sat Apr 13, 2002 9:56 am

Ive often done this when Ive been bored. The best Beatles album was never made. You can pretty much create a "fantasy" beatles album for every year up to aroung 74/75, and then for 1980.
Its difficult as their individual sounds changed. George opted for the traditional, high production, sound via Phil Spector, and Paul went for a rawer sound. Lennon went minimalist on Plastic Ono Band, and Ringo.......well he went country didnt he.
If you took the best traks from each solo album, and put them together, what you come up with is amazing. A record with Maybe Im Amazed, My Sweet Lord, God, Instant Karma, Every Night, It Dont Come Easy, Junk, What Is Life, and that is just the songs from 1970 (in which they'd already released the lovely Let It Be album).
The mnd bggles.
crozzauk

Postby Ram1 » Sat Apr 13, 2002 6:59 pm

Hey Chris, we're nearing 100 posts. Ya think we'll receive an award? Maybe an MBE from the Queen? LOL
Ram1

Postby Chris Speers » Sat Apr 13, 2002 10:04 pm

I don't know if 100 posts is good or bad. But, i really enjoy reading the enthusiasm y'all share for McCartney and his music.

And i think it's cool that other people do mix tapes, too. I swear to you 1970 was one of the most fertile periods in Beatleland - the solo stuff was just phenomenal - and 1971 was quite fertile too
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Chris Speers » Sat Apr 13, 2002 10:07 pm

MR. Crozzauk,
I see you and i think a lot a like. The 1975 stuff or the stuff on the Beatles album would be a little weak. Don't you think? he-he.

But, the double CD of 1970 and 1971 would kick butt. '73 would be weak except for McCartney's stuff.

The 1980 final cut of the raw Double fantasy/Milk N Honey stuff mixed with the best Back to the Egg and Macca and Tug of War/Somewhere or Sometime in England/Stop and Smell the Roses - tracks would be interesting.
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Wings » Thu Apr 18, 2002 2:27 pm

Chris great list. I never thought about it but your right. If the beatles stayed together until 1975 or even 1980 would the solo songs be beatle songs? I think so. If thats the direction they were each going in. Now Im off to make my lost Beatles album. Just think The Beatles doing "Hi Hi Hi" or "Imagine". Don't forget "Give Ireland Back To The Irish". To many songs your right it needs to be a Double CD.
Wings

Postby Liam OSM » Sun May 12, 2002 10:44 am

How's about a hypothetical "bridging the gap" album, consisting of Paul's best stuff from Let It Be, McCartney and Ram? Bridges the gap between Beatles and Wings, with songs like:

The Back Seat Of My Car
Too Many People
Heart Of The Country
Dear Boy
Maybe I'm Amazed
Junk
Man We Was Lonely
Every Night
Two Of Us
Get Back
The Long & Winding Road
Let It Be

Any other suggestions?
Liam.
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Postby Steve-o » Tue Aug 27, 2002 9:15 pm

quote:
Hey Chris, we're nearing 100 posts. Ya think we'll receive an award? Maybe an MBE from the Queen? LOL

Ram---did you ever hear from Queenie? This was nearly 2300 posts ago, my man. LOL

You can't imagine just what I've been going through....
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Liam OSM » Wed Aug 28, 2002 7:54 am

Maybe it's reserved for the 5000 platinum status?

The difference between genius and insanity is merely the difference between success and failure.
Liam OSM

Next

Return to The Beatles: General Discussions