John´s Early love songs to...?

Discussions related to John Lennon as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Ghavi » Thu Jun 26, 2003 6:45 pm

Great Lennon love songs Of the first Beatles Albums like:
Ask me why, Ill get you, It wont be long, All I´ve got to do, I´m in love (Released by the Fourmost), If i fell, I dont want to sopil the party. etc etc etc...
Are for no-one? I dont think so. The cold relationship with Cynthia, the beat-ups, Julian that was growing whitout a father, the cheating in the tours, etc... In the bottom Lennon Found lot of inspiration and real love to Cyn that he translate in the lyriks of his songs...
I see it that way, maybe because if im wrong i can´t understand how someone make so beatuifull and perfect songs for "no-one special"...
Maybe a comertial trick to the teen girls that buy the beatles albums and want to hear some love melodies.
I dont know but i rather belive that in the deepest hole of John Heart Cyn have he in love like no one else...
Sorry for my english...
Ghavi

Postby Ghavi » Thu Jun 26, 2003 6:45 pm

Great Lennon love songs Of the first Beatles Albums like:
Ask me why, Ill get you, It wont be long, All I´ve got to do, I´m in love (Released by the Fourmost), If i fell, I dont want to sopil the party. etc etc etc...
Are for no-one? I dont think so. The cold relationship with Cynthia, the beat-ups, Julian that was growing whitout a father, the cheating in the tours, etc... In the bottom Lennon Found lot of inspiration and real love to Cyn that he translate in the lyriks of his songs...
I see it that way, maybe because if im wrong i can´t understand how someone make so beatuifull and perfect songs for "no-one special"...
Maybe a comertial trick to the teen girls that buy the beatles albums and want to hear some love melodies.
I dont know but i rather belive that in the deepest hole of John Heart Cyn have he in love like no one else...
Sorry for my english...
Ghavi

Postby Brains » Fri Jun 27, 2003 7:38 am

I think John was cynical enough to write clever love songs that weren't sincere to get the teen audience to buy Beatles songs. He didn't have to mean them. Only later, with 'You've Got To Hide Your Love Away' and 'Nowhere Man' he started to write differently, and never really returned to the love songs. Even when he was with Yoko, he never wrote as many love songs as in the early Beatles.
Brains
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby bianca_macca » Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:13 pm

the beatles (and John) were in their early twenties when they wrote those love songs. I think they were for no one in particular. Probably to the whole of womankind or something. I mean the words to those songs are very simplistic and they all have a happy end, just how a silly love song should be!!! They're probably not related to real life and therefor not written for anyone.
I do think John loved Cyn, but she loved him so much more... very sad. He was just too young for marriage and a child. It took John quite a while to finish his partying-chapter in life I think. And when the Beatles got big, his life was changing so much more than hers that any marriage would have broken down.
bianca_macca
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby dsnito » Mon Jun 30, 2003 4:49 pm

Not so early John's song but "Norwegian Wood(This Bird Has Flown)" it's clearly a love affair he had with a girl maybe when The Beatles were on nordic tour. "This Bird Has Flown" means that the "bird" was John himself, that flew away from the "cage" of the marriage...that's how I understand this song.

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Gastro (gone) » Mon Jun 30, 2003 7:47 pm

I understand it differently Nito...the lyrics go

and when I awoke
I was alone
this bird has flown..

it's the typical one night stand scenario except the guy is usually the one that takes off... this time its the chic (ie the girl ie the bird).... good looking girls are normally referred to as birds..
Gastro (gone)

Postby bianca_macca » Tue Jul 01, 2003 7:23 am

so I lit a fire
Isn't it good
Norwegian Wood

If we have to take all his lyrics literally John was a psycho!!![:D]
bianca_macca
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby jamie » Tue Jul 01, 2003 10:32 am

yeah - a wife beating , drug taking , aggressive , angry bugger was john hehe! [:D]
jamie
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby dsnito » Tue Jul 01, 2003 11:28 am

Mm...I should be wrong indeed Gas, actually I read anywhere(maybe on Paul's book MYFN)that John referred about a girl he really had a love affair with, but the "norwegian wood" idea was of a Paul's imagination based that on a room decorated with cheap pine he called as "norwegian wood", from he made a story about a love affair in a wood cottage where the girl sent the guy to sleep in the bathroom, and as a vengeance the guy lit the fire on the "norwegian wood" cottage...haha Bianca, the truth is that the incendiary idea was Paul's!![:D][:D]

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby bianca_macca » Tue Jul 01, 2003 11:48 am

Then Paul was the f***ing psycho!!!

Like he was the walrus??? OMG!
LOL[:D]
bianca_macca
Bronze member
Bronze member

Next