WAS JOHN'S SOLO CAREER ANY GOOD ?

Discussions related to John Lennon as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Postby jamie » Tue Jun 24, 2003 6:33 am

quite right dsnito , john's song is more thought provoking (if ya like that sort of thing) but i prefer paul's !
jamie
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Gastro (gone) » Wed Jun 25, 2003 1:33 am

I am shocked I can't believe it.. [:0]

I feel like this website and all its players must be Truman show sympathisers.. weird..
Gastro (gone)

Postby jamie » Wed Jun 25, 2003 6:05 am

well i respect john for what he did but i hate hearing 'war is over' every christmas when there are loads of wars going on around the world ! in an ideal world that would be a great song ! what war is over ?
jamie
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby dsnito » Wed Jun 25, 2003 8:30 am

quote:Originally posted by Gastro Boy
I am shocked I can't believe it.. [:0]

I feel like this website and all its players must be Truman show sympathisers.. weird..

The birds are singing, everyday is sunny, everybody's smiling, everybody's happy, the Peace rules in the whole world...hahaha...
I(we) know about the REAL LIFE, but maybe I(we)am(are)just a
DREAMER(s)...
LOL[:D] And you're so realistic and so drastic[:(!] that end up being so bitter, DREAM a little bit, buddy...
Sorry man, but WE should be [:0], not you...
But that's alright,"Bra-la-la how the life goes on", have a nice day...[:)]

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Gastro (gone) » Wed Jun 25, 2003 9:21 pm

quote:Originally posted by jamie
well i respect john for what he did but i hate hearing 'war is over' every christmas when there are loads of wars going on around the world ! in an ideal world that would be a great song ! what war is over ?

Jamie... the song says war is over , if you want it... like you said what war is over? obviously the people that start wars like to keep them going...
Gastro (gone)

Postby Gastro (gone) » Wed Jun 25, 2003 9:23 pm

... and 'Nito.. I'm starting to get abit worried about you.. put down that peace pipe !!! [8D]
Gastro (gone)

Postby jamie » Thu Jun 26, 2003 5:44 am

true enough gastro !
jamie
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby dsnito » Thu Jun 26, 2003 8:57 am

quote:Originally posted by Gastro Boy
... and 'Nito.. I'm starting to get abit worried about you.. put down that peace pipe !!! [8D]

Thanks a lot for you're worrying about me, fellow...[:D], but let me ask you...have you ever been with a GASTRIC ulcer, GASTRO??[:D]I hope not...
Ha ha...sorry for the bad joke!!![8D]
Oh, and how about smoking PIPES OF PEACE, boy?? Although I either don't smoke any kind of thing.[:D]
HARE KRISHNA.

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Gastro (gone) » Thu Jun 26, 2003 8:01 pm

No worries "Nito... and to answer you're question I have had some bowel problems recently... the bathroom was a mess... some people would call it a gastrocity... but thankfully no gastric ulcers to report..[;)]
Gastro (gone)

Postby dsnito » Fri Jun 27, 2003 3:14 pm

No gastric ulcers?? That's good then!![:D] Live an easy-going life and you'll not get such kind of things...NO stress, right??[;)] I hope that you'll recover of your gastric troubles.[:D]
But back on the topic, about John's career, I think seriously if he could get more time to do his works, he could release interesting stuffs, maybe not too brillant like in the early solo years, but at least could get us in expectations... Same to George, after "Brainwashed" (though it's possible that might have unreleased songs to a postumum album)he could be doing good and interesting works until today...it's a pity, but they're not with us anymore, and the life must go on...

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

PreviousNext

Return to JOHN