Mistakes on Beatles recordings

This blog is an open discussion of The Beatles

Moderator: Mike

Postby shorty » Sat Jun 15, 2002 8:44 pm

yeah yoko singing at any time is a mistake. they also made the mistake of her singing on bungalow bill, what were they thinking

so long see ya never
shorty

Postby Liam OSM » Mon Jun 17, 2002 6:10 am

Indeed - I bought Double Fantasy and Milk & Honey with an open mind, but Yoko just didn't do anything for me. Pity - 'cos if you take all of John's songs from those two, you've got an album up there with Imagine and Plastic Ono Band!

The difference between genius and insanity is merely the difference between success and failure.
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Postby Ram1 » Mon Jun 17, 2002 1:15 pm

Speaking of "Mistakes", one that has always stood out to me was at the beginning of 'Don't Let Me Down.' After John and Paul sing the first 'Don't Let Me Down', there is a (fairly loud) squeak. Always sounded like a chair to me.
Ram1

Postby heyjude65 » Sat Jun 22, 2002 1:47 am

Iteresting Ram, I'll have to listen for that one.
heyjude65

Postby Brains » Sat Jun 22, 2002 9:13 am

quote:
I discovered a new mistake on Beatle recordings. Yoko singing backup vocals on BIRTHDAY....LOL

Did she really sing on that one? I never heard it, though you'd say she has a, let's say, remarkable voice... Bungalow Bill was terrible.
Brains
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby dsnito » Sat Jun 22, 2002 10:44 am

The problem was that Johh never minded about her voice, and all he ever wanted was her by his side even in recording sessions and that ever made his fellows and all the studio crew very up set.

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Ram1 » Sat Jun 22, 2002 1:07 pm

Does anybody have the Lennon film 'Live Peace in Toronto'? It's kinda funny, when Yoko is going on her long screechy "solo" songs, Eric Clapton seems to be just looking at her like "What in the world is this??"
Ram1

Postby Liam OSM » Sat Jun 22, 2002 1:08 pm

quote:
Does anybody have the Lennon film 'Live Peace in Toronto'? It's kinda funny, when Yoko is going on her long screechy "solo" songs, Eric Clapton seems to be just looking at her like "What in the world is this??"

I don't have it, but that sounds right - I tried to accept Yoko's vocal style, but it just doesnt't do anything for me. Her lyrics certainly lose a lot in the translation - if they ever had anything in the first place

The difference between genius and insanity is merely the difference between success and failure.
Liam OSM

Postby Liam OSM » Sat Jun 22, 2002 1:10 pm

quote:
quote:

I don't have it, but that sounds right - I tried to accept Yoko's vocal style, but it just doesnt't do anything for me. Her lyrics certainly lose a lot in the translation - if they ever had anything in the first place

Well, that was post no 37 for me today - this is today's 38th Liam post. Nothing like I was managing "Yesterday", but I'm rising up there, slowly, to eventual Seniorship

Liam OSM

Postby Ram1 » Sat Jun 22, 2002 1:12 pm

At this rate, you'll have 800 in no time.
Ram1

PreviousNext

Return to The Beatles: General Discussions