Eric Clapton's contribution to The Beatles

Discussions of Beatle-related news & artists such as Badfinger, James Taylor, Mary Hopkins.

Moderator: Mike

Postby dsnito » Tue Jun 17, 2003 5:34 pm

When George invited his friend Clapper, that bad mood that was beginning among the Lads had been broken for a brief moments and that made the recording sessions on WMGGW became joyful...GREAT moment of a guest star in The Beatles, don't you think?? GREAT Eric's solos indeed...
A curiosity about his contribution to them is the fact somepeople thought that Clapton did the solo also on "Something", what is NOT true, that was VERY George...that's just one more myth about them.

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby dsnito » Tue Jun 17, 2003 5:34 pm

When George invited his friend Clapper, that bad mood that was beginning among the Lads had been broken for a brief moments and that made the recording sessions on WMGGW became joyful...GREAT moment of a guest star in The Beatles, don't you think?? GREAT Eric's solos indeed...
A curiosity about his contribution to them is the fact somepeople thought that Clapton did the solo also on "Something", what is NOT true, that was VERY George...that's just one more myth about them.

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby 2 of 3 » Tue Jun 17, 2003 10:42 pm

Are you sure about that?
2 of 3
Supporter
Supporter

Postby dsnito » Wed Jun 18, 2003 3:08 pm

Well, I don't know...I wasn't there...LOL[:D]
But Paul, George and Clapper himself said that...unless all them were lying, do you think so???

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby admiralvanderbilt » Thu Jun 19, 2003 3:29 am

I don't know if anyone described the WMGGW session as joyful - certainly the presence of Clapton made McCartney and Lennon pay much more attention to the song that they otherwise would have done. George has specifically referred to Paul's neat piano introduction to the track...
admiralvanderbilt
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Brains » Thu Jun 19, 2003 5:19 am

He screwed that piano intro up at the Queen's concert in June 2002...

I liked the Anthology version of WMGGW just as much as, maybe ever more than the White Album one. They could've done the Revolution/Revolution 1 approach on this one too.
Brains
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby dsnito » Fri Jun 20, 2003 11:04 am

quote:Originally posted by admiralvanderbilt
I don't know if anyone described the WMGGW session as joyful

Yeah, you're quite right Admiral, surely nobody did a PARTY on that record session...LOL[:D] But Clapton came to liven up the sessions indeed.

Peace,
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby dsnito » Mon Feb 09, 2004 3:29 pm

I just can't remmember right now if Clapton contributed in any Paul album...I think he didn't do it, can someone tell me why the reason?
Maybe he just does not consider Paul as a good friend as George was or even as Ringo is?? I just saw him playing along with Paul on some concerts, it's true...but not in albums.

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Berkeleyan » Wed Feb 11, 2004 7:52 am

As far as I can tell, Paul and Eric are not musical friends - I mean, they do not share tastes, playing styles so that one of them would not ask the other to colaborate w/ him on recordings...
Berkeleyan
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby EddieV » Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:54 am

When George left the Beatles during the sessions for Get Back for a week, Lennon suggested to call Eric Clapton, is that true?
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Next

Return to The Beatles: Related Discussions