2nd leg

Discussions of all gigs and tours over the years.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Steve-o » Fri Jun 21, 2002 4:44 pm

Ram1--I'll go on record right now....anywhere within a 3 state radius and I'm back for the 2nd leg. I'm ready right now!!!!
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby DrRobert » Fri Jun 21, 2002 5:18 pm

Ram, as you know, I went to both MCI center shows with my brother and girlfriend and in the end paid about $1700 between us for both concerts. I do not regret a penny of it; best shows of my life and in our case the seats were so good it was scary! But you're right about the MCI center, not only your tickets, but even the $50 ones I heard were good: not a bad seat in the house.
I'm even thinking of spending more and flying to wherever I have to to see a follow-up. I just have to do it. I'll be in Greece and Turkey in September/October, but he probably won't play there. But I also have very close friends in England, Germany and Holland and they're all Paul fans. On hold, waiting for the schedule.

Edited by - DrRobert on 06/21/2002 17:19:24
DrRobert

Postby Brains » Sat Jun 22, 2002 9:21 am

Why do I hear everyone talking about seats? Isn't it much much more fun to stand in the audience? Here in Holland, all major rock concerts take place in Ahoy in Rotterdam. I've been to Sting and Eric Clapton there, and I saw Paul in 1993 in Frankfurt, Germany. I stood every time. I wouldn't have wanted to sit down.
There are seats in Rotterdam too, but they're very far away, to the sides. More for disabled people...
How can you sit down at a Macca concert?? It's not the 9th symphony of Beethoven!
Brains
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Liam OSM » Sat Jun 22, 2002 11:40 am

I could sit down easily, 'cos I am oclophobic! (That's crowds, by the way). Even a crowd where we're all on the same side, I'd rather be sitting down

The difference between genius and insanity is merely the difference between success and failure.
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Postby Ram1 » Sat Jun 22, 2002 12:11 pm

Brains, I see what you're saying, but you don't really have a choice when it's a seated arena. I mean, yeah, you COULD remain standing the whole time, but it really wouldn't make much sense if you had a seat right under you. Especially when the concert shifts gears into the acoustic set or other ballads. And besides, most people are sitting down anyway, so if you stood up the whole time, you'd have some pretty ticked off people who couldn't see!
Ram1

Postby Liam OSM » Sat Jun 22, 2002 12:13 pm

quote:
And besides, most people are sitting down anyway, so if you stood up the whole time, you'd have some pretty ticked off people who couldn't see!

Agreed - at the Bryan Adams show I saw in march, in which I got the last seat in the house - all those of us who had seats only stood up on a few occasions.

The difference between genius and insanity is merely the difference between success and failure.
Liam OSM

Postby Ram1 » Sat Jun 22, 2002 12:17 pm

Ps--Besides, it's relaxing to sort of kick back and watch the show. I mean, yeah sometimes you wanna jump up or whatever. Especially when he plays something like Can't Buy Me Love or I Saw Her Standing There. But overall, I felt it felt really good to just sit there, kick back, and take in the whole experience. I've been to several concerts,at least 15-20 of them, (most of them hard rock), and Macca was one of the very few I sat down at. Most, like you, I stood up the entire time. And I loved it. But, I'm finding more now that it's actually cooler to be in a seated venue. Like I said, you just get to kinda kick back and enjoy the ride.
Ram1

Postby Liam OSM » Sat Jun 22, 2002 12:19 pm

quote:
I'm finding more now that it's actually cooler to be in a seated venue. Like I said, you just get to kinda kick back and enjoy the ride.

Not only that, you're expending less energy sat down than jumping about, so naturally you won't be as hot - if you're too hot, you get a wee bit uncomfortable, n'est-ce pas?

Liam OSM

Postby Ram1 » Sat Jun 22, 2002 12:22 pm

Very very true. When I was a teenager, I went to all these "general admission" hard rock shows, and after every one, I'd leave in a pool of sweat. I think I've gotten a little too old for that now, lol. I just wanna relax. I don't wanna feel like I've just been through a workout, lol.

Edited by - Ram1 on 06/22/2002 12:23:19
Ram1

Postby Liam OSM » Sat Jun 22, 2002 12:26 pm

Indeed! That's two good reasons for me to make sure I am seated at shows! (Well, except shows where I'm performing, but my next "gig" won't be for some time - a Star Trek Society social, most likely. The location hasn't even been 100% confirmed, yet, so . . .)

Liam OSM

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA-Concerts & Tours