New Set List for 2nd Leg (?)

Discussions of all gigs and tours over the years.

Moderator: Mike

Postby taz » Tue Jun 18, 2002 11:31 pm

Junior's Farm would be nice. It is as well known as Here Today that he did though that one does have the John thing to go with it. Personally I'd be amazed to see him do Junior's flip side - - - -
"I never knew what the G stood for but I know it wasn't "good" And they called her Sally Sally G .
taz

Postby JettRyder » Wed Jun 19, 2002 2:28 pm

Here is what I'm going to suggest to Paul next time I see him:
Drop C Moon, Eleanor Rigby, Here, There, and Everywhere, Back in the USSR, Long and Winding Road, Lonely Road, and My Love. He can't do Day Tripper cuz it's a Lennon song. He can do Paperback Writer, though. I don't want him doing No More Lonely Nights cuz that's as bad as letting him do Long and Winding Road. No Obladilada or whatever, either. If we let him do that, then we may as well ask him to do Mary Had a Little Lamb. I think we need more tunes from Help and Rubber Soul (The Night Before, I'm Looking Through You, You Won't See Me). Also stick I'm Down somewhere in there. She's A Woman could fit in...maybe. We also need some Ram stuff (Too Many People, Back Seat of My Car, Smile Away). I think it would be ok to ignore Press to Play, Pipes of Peace, and Off the Ground. I think The Song We Were Singing would work in the acoustic set.
We may have to extend the set to a little more than 3 hours. Maybe we can give him a 30 minute intermission break. We'll need someone to see that he gets a good night's sleep if he's gonna do these long shows. Someone needs to keep Heather away from the stage. We don't want any landmine sermons in the middle of the show. People can stay afterwards if they want to hear that.
I'll do some more work on this and get back to ya later.
JettRyder

Postby Ram1 » Wed Jun 19, 2002 2:36 pm

Ok, here is an old post of mine in which I developed my "Fantasy Driving USA Setlist". Originally posted April 12.....

1. Rockestra Theme
2. Jet
3. Silly Love Songs
4. Lonely Road
5. Driving Rain
6. Spinning on an Axis
7. Paperback Writer
8. Penny Lane
9. I Do
10.Your Loving Flame
11.She's Given Up Talking
12.Heather
13.Got to Get You Into My Life
14.Lovely Rita
15.Your Mother Should Know
16.Let Em In
17.My Love
18.With a Little Luck
19.Back in The Sunshine Again
20.Honey Pie
21.Rocky Racoon
22.Monkberry Moon Delight
23.Helter Skelter
24.Maybe I'm Amazed
25.I Saw Her Standing There

--1st Encore--
1. Too Many People
2. Distractions
3. Rinse The Raindrops

--2nd Encore--
1.The World Tonight
2.Hey Jude
3.Blackbird (solo acoustic)

End of Show
Ram1

Postby maccafan » Thu Jun 20, 2002 6:08 pm

Personally I want Paul to change his entire set list, I loved the first leg, but on his second leg I would like more of his post Beatles music. Here's just a few I would like Paul to do.
Juniors Farm, casual fan would get used to it'
Smile Away
The Mess
Girlschool
I've Got A Feeling
Oh Darling
Cafe On The Left Bank
About You
What It Is
maccafan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Ram1 » Thu Jun 20, 2002 6:21 pm

Yeah, I definitely would like to see Paul do more songs from Ram and Tug of War. But like somebody said a while back, since Paul hasn't toured in almost a decade, he probably wants to come out and do most of his hits to make the majority of the crowd happy. (You know, the infamous "casual fans", lol.)
Ram1

Postby ElectricKeithery » Sat Jun 22, 2002 2:46 am

It seems to me that Paul changes the songs that get the least response from the crowd. I've heard on this tour that fans didn't really seem to know or care about C Moon, etc., so he might change some things like that. So here's my idea on how it could go:

1)Hello Goodbye
2)Jet
3)All My Loving
4)Getting Better
5)Coming Up
6)Let Me Roll It
7)Lonely Road
8)From a Lover to a Friend (I dunno, maybe Paul would like to show off more of his new album, and Driving Rain ends kinda weakly in the DC show I heard)
9)Loving Flame
10)Blackbird
11)Every Night
12)We Can Work It Out
13)Mother Nature's Son
14)Calico Skies (Not a lot of people seem to like Vanilla Sky, though I do, so he might replace it with one off a recent hit album he seems to like. Probably not, though, as Vanilla Sky is probably more well known)
15)When I'm 64 (Might have a bit more relevance now he's a year older, plus doing the whole 'forgetting the lines' bit in YNGMYM will probably get old)
16)Fool on the Hill
17)Here Today
18)Something
19)Eleanor Rigby
20)Here There and Everywhere
21)Band on the Run
22)Back in the USSR
23)Maybe I'm Amazed
24)Silly Love Songs (C Moon didn't get a good reception, or so I'm told, so I thought why not replace it with another McCartney piano song that's a big hit everyone will remember?)
25)My Love
26)Can't Buy Me Love
27)Freedom
28)Live and Let Die
29)Let it Be
30)Hey Jude
31)The Long and Winding Road
32)Lady Madonna
33)I Saw Her Standing There
34)Yesterday
35)Sgt Pepper/The End

That's it, really. Not any big changes but Paul isn't probably going to make big changes anyway.
ElectricKeithery

Postby Ram1 » Sat Jun 22, 2002 12:02 pm

Yeah, I was sort of ticked when most fans didn't react to C Moon or the Driving Rain stuff at the DC show. It made me kinda irritated. Especially when Paul played the DR stuff. It was like nobody reacted at all, like they had never heard the songs. I was thinking, "Man, how can you guys go to this man's concert and not even heard his latest album?????" I, personally, was really excited to hear the DR stuff, and wanted to hear more. I don't know, some of the fan's reactions just sort of irritated me. Of course they went wild whenever he played Beatles tunes, so did I. But when he played certain Wings songs or DR stuff, most of the crowd was like "Duh?" Sorry, it just kinda bothered me. But overall it was a really good crowd.

Edited by - Ram1 on 06/22/2002 12:03:04
Ram1

Postby Liam OSM » Sat Jun 22, 2002 12:05 pm

quote:
But overall it was a really good crowd.

Well, the crowds on Tripping The Live Fantastic were all pretty good, I thought! The album has so much live atmosphere, it's untrue!

The difference between genius and insanity is merely the difference between success and failure.
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Postby Liam OSM » Sat Jun 22, 2002 12:07 pm

PS - I'm probably only going to be here for about two hours - so if we want to advance our status, Ram1, we'd better get nattering!

The difference between genius and insanity is merely the difference between success and failure.
Liam OSM

Postby Steve-o » Sun Jun 23, 2002 3:19 am

Ram--same thing in Cleveland....the guy next to me, during C Moon : "Never heard that one--must be off one of his new albums--(To his partner)--When was his last album?" Partner: "Not really sure"---man---that MORE than irritated me---these folks were mid-thirties--they weren't like 70....if you are going to go a see the man, support him and see what he's up to THIS century...
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA-Concerts & Tours