Ringo

Discussions related to Ringo Starr as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Ringo

Postby dsnito » Sat Jun 22, 2002 6:38 am

No one´s gonna talk ´bout the good-natured FabFour´s drummer??
I think he could not be a phenomenal drummer, I´d say that he´s very good, but his major merit was the fact he joined the fellow-formers after the breakup to make some good albums. I think "Ringo" album is the symbol of their friendship even the post-Beatle era and despite all the Apple juridical questions that time. I love the party-like atmosphere of the album, and all the tracks are enjoyable to me.
Almost all the lyrics are good-humored, otherwise, I very like the "Early 1970"(bonus track on CD) lyrics that reveals a brief of his friendship related with the other three fellows.
"I´m the Greatest", is the hylarious and sarcastic Lennon´s track; "Six o´clock" a little MACCA´s gem(cool synthsolos, cool lyric); "Photograph", the big hit track wrote beside his mate George; and others good tracks with guest great musicians, and finally, a great album!

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby dsnito » Sat Jun 22, 2002 11:12 am

I think we can talk ´bout the other two Beatle-formers(John is very quoted here already) ´cos it´s a Beatles forum, couldn´t we??

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Liam OSM » Sat Jun 22, 2002 11:42 am

Yeah, we can talk about the other Beatles - given that we talk about Paul McCartney all the time, it would put a huge restriction on things if we couldn't talk about The Beatles!

The difference between genius and insanity is merely the difference between success and failure.
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Postby dsnito » Sat Jun 22, 2002 10:25 pm

What I meant to say was that although this is a MACCA´s site, this specific forum is for the Beatles related discussions, and it give us a chance to rate George or Ringo´s works. It would be interesting too I think.

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Liam OSM » Sun Jun 23, 2002 10:12 am

It would - but unfortunately for me, I don't have anything of Ringo's, and just ATMP and DH of George's.

The difference between genius and insanity is merely the difference between success and failure.
Liam OSM

Postby dsnito » Mon Jun 24, 2002 2:11 pm

So, if you have a chance listen to "Ringo"album, I think you'll like it. "Goodnight Vienna" is also a good album.
George's "Living In The Material World" album is moderatly good, it's an album that you should hear, but some tracks maybe boring. ATMP really is the George's highlight album, I like it very much.

Peace.

Edited by - dsnito on 06/25/2002 10:25:42
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby shinestar » Mon Jun 24, 2002 10:32 pm

I was wondering if Ringo's wife, Barbara, went with him to Paul's wedding as I didn't see her on tv or read of her being there. Anyone know? To my knowledge, they've not been apart since marrying.
shinestar
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby dsnito » Tue Jun 25, 2002 10:22 am

Yeah, I didn´t noticed Barbara´s presence indeed. I don´t know if
they have been apart lately, but I think Ringo still loves her!! Just listen to Ringo´s "Vertical Man" album on "I´m Yours" track, a tender love declaration(though the album was made in´98...).

Peace.

Edited by - dsnito on 06/25/2002 10:24:32
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Chris Speers » Sat Jun 29, 2002 7:45 am

Ringo's step daugthter is always in the tabloids. She is the lesbian partner of one of Hollywood's most famous celebrities.

Ringo is said to be supportive but i think he doesn't approve. The man has a 1940's view of marriage. Ringo once said "A woman's place is barefoot, pregnant, and in the home".
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby shinestar » Sat Jun 29, 2002 10:38 pm

I didn't know Lee was gay. So who's her partner? Just curious. :-)
shinestar
Bronze member
Bronze member

Next

Return to RINGO