Imagine Documentary

Discussions related to John Lennon as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Imagine Documentary

Postby karly » Sat Jun 22, 2002 1:18 am

Ok so yes, thisis the first time I've seen it (can you beleive it?)
anyhow what an extraordinary documentary! It is def. the best thing I've seen (well....besides Anthology) about beatles/john EVER!

full of insight...still didn't make me love john (still think it's a musical genius but a giant ***censored***) but what incredible footage!

anyone agree?

the clouds will be
a daisy chain
so let me see
you smile again
karly

Postby Ram1 » Sat Jun 22, 2002 1:21 am

Yeah, I have the film and I love it as well. My favorite part is where it shows John performing 'Imagine' for the first time for his band. We're seeing a phenomenal moment in history. I also think it's pretty neat to see George and John apparently "talking" about Paul. (Referring to him as 'Beatle Ed' or whatever.)

Edited by - Ram1 on 06/22/2002 01:21:59
Ram1

Postby karly » Sat Jun 22, 2002 1:24 am

yes! both parts were very interesting! I thought it was funny how he sang a couple octaves lower on 'you may say that I'm a dreamer...'
I'm glad that didn't make the cut.

as for talking about Paul...yeah...that irked me a bit. especially the two of them collaborating on 'how do you sleep' man, that was CRUEL

I believe in me
karly

Postby Ram1 » Sat Jun 22, 2002 1:26 am

quote:as for talking about Paul...yeah...that irked me a bit. especially the two of them collaborating on 'how do you sleep' man, that was CRUEL

Yeah. I think that was a tad messed up too. Especially when they seemed to joke about 'Beatle Ed' being #5 in Belgium or something. But it's still really cool to see an "inside" conversation like that.
Ram1

Postby Brains » Sat Jun 22, 2002 9:10 am

John said in an interbiew a couple of years later that the words to How Do You Sleep were written mainly by Allen Klein and Yoko. He also said it could also have been about himself. I think he really regretted doing that song afterwards.
Brains
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby karly » Sat Jun 22, 2002 10:00 am

yes...that part was in the movie as well...
I don't buy it though. I think he felt bad and should have just apologized...hwow COULD it be about him???????

I believe in me
karly

Postby Liam OSM » Sat Jun 22, 2002 11:48 am

quote:
John said in an interbiew a couple of years later that the words to How Do You Sleep were written mainly by Allen Klein and Yoko. He also said it could also have been about himself. I think he really regretted doing that song afterwards.

He said it was about Yoko? Whoah!

The difference between genius and insanity is merely the difference between success and failure.
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Postby Liam OSM » Sat Jun 22, 2002 11:48 am

But hey - it's on in the UK tonight! At 0040, I think, on Channel 4 - so any brits on here, you may want to check your TV guides and set your VCRs

The difference between genius and insanity is merely the difference between success and failure.
Liam OSM

Postby Ram1 » Sat Jun 22, 2002 12:28 pm

No, Liam, you misread it. Brains was saying that John said most of the words were WRITTEN BY Allen Klein and Yoko. But as far as John saying that the song could have been about himself....HA! That's a bunch of blarney right there if you ask me!! How on earth could that song be about anybody but Paul? It's a BLATANT song about Paul.
Ram1

Postby Liam OSM » Sat Jun 22, 2002 12:31 pm

quote:
No, Liam, you misread it. Brains was saying that John said most of the words were WRITTEN BY Allen Klein and Yoko. But as far as John saying that the song could have been about himself....HA! That's a bunch of blarney right there if you ask me!! How on earth could that song be about anybody but Paul? It's a BLATANT song about Paul.

The references to Pepper and Yesterday certainly suggest that! I reckon John was just confused!

So let me get this straight - it was written mainly by Klein and Ono, and neither of them got a writing credit? How so?

Liam OSM

Next

Return to JOHN