Happy Birthday to Paul

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Postby shinestar » Tue Jun 18, 2002 10:19 pm

Oh, Liam! I wish I could talk to your mother!!! I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes....
shinestar
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Liam OSM » Wed Jun 19, 2002 6:16 am

I don't think my mother is quite *that* "far gone" - she's more of an Elvis girl, I think. The original "Pop Idol" - and no doubt he'll turn in his grave at that analogy, but, loose as it is, it does stand.

The difference between genius and insanity is merely the difference between success and failure.
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Postby shinestar » Wed Jun 19, 2002 8:06 pm

I was never that into Elvis as I was The Beatles because I'm an Anglophile. It's just that from what you said she sounded like she'd understand where I'm coming from and that's a rare thing on this forum - no offense! :-)
shinestar
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Liam OSM » Fri Jun 21, 2002 9:56 am

Don't worry, Shinestar - I'm sure she understands perfectly where you're coming from! She has said on occasions, "some of us are just accepting Linda" - which says it all, really!

The difference between genius and insanity is merely the difference between success and failure.
Liam OSM

Postby shinestar » Sat Jun 22, 2002 12:33 am

Well, Liam, your mum and I differ on that one. I was a Linda fan before she married Paul because she was the first woman to become a rock photographer and she took an awful lot of flack for it. Plus she's 6 mos younger than I and we're both Northeastern Jews and artists. We actually, I found out years later, shopped at the same tiny record store in Grand central Station and went to the same rock concerts when we were kids - she in NYC and I in Hartford, CT. So I really identified with her and thought she was so beautiful and graceful and brave, and I was happy Paul fell in love with her and married her and Heather. I was not a big fan of his then and her love for him convinced me there was more to him than what I saw.
shinestar
Bronze member
Bronze member

Previous

Return to MACCA - all discussions