12/8/80......Chapman you piece of crap...

Discussions related to John Lennon as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Postby bianca_macca » Fri Jun 06, 2003 3:49 am

quote:Originally posted by bianca_macca
Chris if someone kills your mother and you kill the bastard, his children will have the right to kill you...

Sorry, I meant Gastro Boy here.
bianca_macca
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Brains » Fri Jun 06, 2003 7:04 am

quote:Originally posted by Gastro Boy
quote:Originally posted by Brains
Dude I would want to kill him at first, I'd be really angry. But I hope I will be stopped from doing that, and when I have calmed down he will be sent to prison. For a long time, of course. Preferably life.

See I wouldn't do that. Since we don't have the death penalty I'd kill him and if I was not able to I would hire someone to do the job. Going to prison for it would not come into it. This has nothing to do with an eye for an eye. This is all about justice.

And Bianca wrote:

quote:Chris [Gastro] if someone kills your mother and you kill the bastard, his children will have the right to kill you...

Gastro, do you agree with this? Or do you really think you have the right to kill someone when he kills someone close to you?
Brains
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby bianca_macca » Mon Jun 09, 2003 12:17 pm

I take gastro's 'silence' to mean that he's very confused now...
bianca_macca
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Gastro (gone) » Tue Jun 10, 2003 2:26 am

Dude I would want to kill him at first, I'd be really angry. But I hope I will be stopped from doing that, and when I have calmed down he will be sent to prison. For a long time, of course. Preferably life.

See I wouldn't do that. Since we don't have the death penalty I'd kill him and if I was not able to I would hire someone to do the job. Going to prison for it would not come into it. This has nothing to do with an eye for an eye. This is all about justice.

And Bianca wrote:

quote:Chris [Gastro] if someone kills your mother and you kill the bastard, his children will have the right to kill you...

Gastro, do you agree with this? Or do you really think you have the right to kill someone when he kills someone close to you?

Absolutely Brains !!! Murderer's do not care whether you want to give peace a chance or not, whether you live or die or not. I call it a pre-emptive strike. Why give them the chance to have two arms and two legs and continue to breathe air.
Gastro (gone)

Postby Gastro (gone) » Tue Jun 10, 2003 2:31 am

In regards to the other comment about the children of criminals coming after me: Well firstly, the chances of a murderer having any kids is remote. If they do then they were probably born retarded due to the drugs their parents were on. If that situation ever did arise there's a double barrel waiting for them.
Gastro (gone)

Postby Brains » Tue Jun 10, 2003 5:45 am

So then it'd be alright to kill?

quote:Well firstly, the chances of a murderer having any kids is remote. If they do then they were probably born retarded due to the drugs their parents were on.

Wow, generalisation...

Anyway, there'd probably be a double barrel waiting for you too when you'd want to take matters in your own hands... That's why it needs to be done by the justice system.
Brains
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Gastro (gone) » Tue Jun 10, 2003 7:29 pm

It seems you don't get it at all. Do you know what the Italians did to Mussolini after the second world war? They hung him upside down in public. They handed down their own brand of justice. They did the right thing. What did the Germans do to their generals and lieutenants?
Gastro (gone)

Postby bianca_macca » Wed Jun 11, 2003 10:07 am

[What did the Germans do to their generals and lieutenants?

I don't know. I do know that most German war-criminals were never convicted by the british-french-american victors, because they were too important for the functioning of the German economy and society, in light of the communist threat in the east.
bianca_macca
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Brains » Thu Jun 12, 2003 6:50 am

It seems you don't get it at all. Do you know what the Italians did to Mussolini after the second world war? They hung him upside down in public. They handed down their own brand of justice. They did the right thing. What did the Germans do to their generals and lieutenants?

The Mussolini thing is NOT the right thing imho. It was done by a furious crowd no doubt, and the emotion is understandable. But doing something like that is just degrading yourself to his level. He should've been put on trial, in Nuremberg or in Italy.

Wow, dilemma: if Hitler had been caught, should he have had the death penalty?
Brains
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby bianca_macca » Thu Jun 12, 2003 3:20 pm

Adolf H. would have had the dead penalty, I think the Nuremberg convicts(?) were hanged. Not sure. Just happy we don't kill people here in Holland.

I watched the movie 'the green mile' lately again and things like that really reassure me of my anti-dead penalty position. Just the horrible thought of being killed when you're innocent!
bianca_macca
Bronze member
Bronze member

PreviousNext

Return to JOHN