Macca :Guest Judge on Amercan Idol in Jan 04?

This forum is to alert fans when Paul pops up on TV, radio, magazines, newspapers, websites.

Moderator: Mike

Postby scrodfish256 » Mon Jun 02, 2003 6:35 pm

I guess that i'm not so picky on how or when I get to see macca.
T.V. is T.V. and the lines get blurred when it comes to promotion of ones self. A non beatles fan thought that a beatles lunch box or a beatles doll was selling out where as we think they would be cool to have.

I simply see it as paul as a guest on any old show.
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Steve-o » Mon Jun 02, 2003 8:12 pm

Exactly Scrod....just another opportunity to see the man and celebrate his awesome body of work....
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby dsnito » Mon Jun 02, 2003 11:23 pm

I don´t think anything wrong for Paul being a guest on a musical "gong-show"(is that so?? Don´t know that)...He is a good-humored person and that maybe was funny, I guess... He was even invited to be a guest judge on singer-wannabe shows when in the Beatle-era.

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby constv » Tue Jun 03, 2003 8:58 pm

quote:Originally posted by stevew628
cranky const---it is a beautiful love song, but sappy all the same...and I've never watched a soap in my life, lol...you act like I endorsed some of the people. Look at my post...I said I "liked" the versions and nothing more....Whenever one of Macca songs is covered, I speak the truth..I liked it. Sounded good. Period. Cut out the coffee, dude. Is const short for constipated? Maybe you SHOULD drink MORE coffee[:D]

Oh boy... if you go on like this, you'll regret you've started it. I am the wrong guy to trade sarcastic remarks with, Steve... [}:)] See, unlike some other people, I only post when I feel like I have an opinion to express, not when I just need someone to talk to. That's why I may sound somewhat passionate when I choose to participate in a conversation. If I did sound annoyed, it's because threads like this may give this whole site a VERY geeky flavor, and I don't like it. See, generally, Macca fans are not geeks, you know... Sorry I mentioned soaps, I take it back. Sounds like between the night-time TV and this forum, there's hardly enough time in your life for anything else. Considering the number of posts you've scored so far, I sure hope your life improves soon... [;)] Now, back to music... I never like bad, cheesy covers of songs, even if the covered songs are Paul McCartney's. As for your boy Clay, anyone with a bit of good taste will agree that he is the tackiest person the night-time TV has produced so far (unless, of course, they have a thing for boys like that... which is ok w/me, I just don't want to know...) Although he has a powerful voice, his singing of HTE was CHEESY and fake, he did everything wrong: happy, cheerful, totally idiotic smiles were absolutely out of place, and the singing was not emotional... "Plastic soul, man... Plastic soul..." Those who are not familiar with McCartney, after such performances will think that indeed Paul has been writing tacky songs, just like his haters say. It doesn't do Paul any good.

Speaking about Paul on the Simpsons... The Simpsons is a very intelligent, humorous show that targets a different kind of audience. That WAS actually cool! If Paul comes to AI, it will without a doubt only damage his reputation among general public. (And so will having geeks going ga-ga over it! [;)]) If you want to see him, watch one of your DVDs instead, and wait for him to appear on any other show with a bit more credibility...
constv

Postby scrodfish256 » Wed Jun 04, 2003 10:51 am

quote:Speaking about Paul on the Simpsons... The Simpsons is a very intelligent, humorous show that targets a different kind of audience. That WAS actually cool! If Paul comes to AI, it will without a doubt only damage his reputation among general public. (And so will having geeks going ga-ga over it! ) If you want to see him, watch one of your DVDs instead, and wait for him to appear on any other show with a bit more credibility...

It all boils down to publicity. I he wants to go on AI then more power to him. He is going to see it as reaching out to yet another type of audience. At this point in his career, I don't think it will do any damage. He has been slammed his whole solo career by people who think they are critics. BTW, the majority of the young audience who watches AI would probably consider us geeks for being big macca fans. It goes both ways.
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

Postby maccastheman » Wed Jun 04, 2003 11:13 am

quote:Originally posted by dsnito
I don´t think anything wrong for Paul being a guest on a musical "gong-show"

If he went on the Gong Show, all these rumors might persist that he's acting as an agent for the CIA. [;)]
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

Postby scrodfish256 » Wed Jun 04, 2003 11:19 am

Ah, good point. [:D]
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

Postby dsnito » Wed Jun 04, 2003 1:03 pm

Oh, but NO to THAT Gong-Show!!!LOL[:D]

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby dsnito » Wed Jun 04, 2003 1:13 pm

I said "gong"-show because in Brazil we say that someone will be "gonged"(could be "ringed" or "beeped")if injures the judges´ears on amateur singers contest shows. Don´t know if you´d say so there in your country...

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby maccastheman » Wed Jun 04, 2003 2:37 pm

quote:Originally posted by dsnito
I said "gong"-show because in Brazil we say that someone will be "gonged"(could be "ringed" or "beeped")if injures the judges´ears on amateur singers contest shows. Don´t know if you´d say so there in your country...

Peace.

Interesting. Here in America there was a game show called the Gong Show starring Chuck Barris. (I think the one in Brazil was patterned after the American one - it was also an amateur talent show) There were all of these rumors that Barris was a hired assassin for the CIA on the side. I think he started the rumors himself. There was recently a movie about it. ("Confessions of a Dangerous Mind")
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA In-The-Media