2nd leg

Discussions of all gigs and tours over the years.

Moderator: Mike

2nd leg

Postby Brains » Fri Jun 21, 2002 1:35 pm

From a macca-mailinglist I subscribe to, I got this:

Paul is booking venues in the US for September and October with an unconfirmed date for Boston on September 24 and a date at Madison Square Garden for October 20 (another 911 benefit?) On this tour he will play cities like Minneapolis (Target Center) that he didn't play on the first leg. The Minneapolis Star Tribune reports that Paul's promoters are looking at the Target Center venue in Minneapolis, MN.

Paul performance at the Adopt-a-Minefield benefit in Los Angeles that is said to be the prelude to the next leg of the tour.

US dates are rumored to be followed by concerts in Mexico and Japan. One of Paul's band members said that Paul won't play the UK before Christmas. But that may have changed since there are rumors that a UK tour with 8 dates will be announced soon. There has been talk that the 2nd leg of the US tour might offer special charity tickets with proceeds going to Adopt-a-Minefield with an anti-land mine theme or film to be part of the show.

Please please please come to Europe...
Brains
Bronze member
Bronze member

2nd leg

Postby Brains » Fri Jun 21, 2002 1:35 pm

From a macca-mailinglist I subscribe to, I got this:

Paul is booking venues in the US for September and October with an unconfirmed date for Boston on September 24 and a date at Madison Square Garden for October 20 (another 911 benefit?) On this tour he will play cities like Minneapolis (Target Center) that he didn't play on the first leg. The Minneapolis Star Tribune reports that Paul's promoters are looking at the Target Center venue in Minneapolis, MN.

Paul performance at the Adopt-a-Minefield benefit in Los Angeles that is said to be the prelude to the next leg of the tour.

US dates are rumored to be followed by concerts in Mexico and Japan. One of Paul's band members said that Paul won't play the UK before Christmas. But that may have changed since there are rumors that a UK tour with 8 dates will be announced soon. There has been talk that the 2nd leg of the US tour might offer special charity tickets with proceeds going to Adopt-a-Minefield with an anti-land mine theme or film to be part of the show.

Please please please come to Europe...
Brains
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Ram1 » Fri Jun 21, 2002 1:54 pm

Wow, cool info. Brains. Thanks. I'm sure Liam will take great interest in this.
Ram1

Postby Liam OSM » Fri Jun 21, 2002 2:16 pm

I shall indeed - assuming that some UK dates do materialise - now, provided he's playing somewhere near Bath or Sheffield, I'm happy. I'd rather not have to hike across the country! And I'm sure my mother wouldn't want to phone somewhere at the other end of England! (Crosses fingers, toes, hair, eyes, palm [with silver], and anything else that can be crossed - and I MEAN ANYTHING!)

The difference between genius and insanity is merely the difference between success and failure.
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Postby Ram1 » Fri Jun 21, 2002 2:18 pm

I'm pretty surprised that he's doing another leg of US though. That's a pretty long break. If he's even ANYWHERE NEAR my area again, I just might go again.
Ram1

Postby Liam OSM » Fri Jun 21, 2002 2:19 pm

Lucky swine (he says, through clenched teeth) . . .

The difference between genius and insanity is merely the difference between success and failure.
Liam OSM

Postby Ram1 » Fri Jun 21, 2002 2:20 pm

Ha ha. I'm sure you'll get your chance, 'ol chap.
Ram1

Postby Liam OSM » Fri Jun 21, 2002 2:23 pm

And needless to say, I will JUMP ON IT if I do - my mother will not know what has hit her - or her bank balance! I heard that seats were up to $250 a ticket for his shows over in America - which is between £150-200 - as we would both be going if we managed to get tickets, that would be quite a lot of money!!!! Still, it would be b****y well worth it, as we are talking here about the God Of Music

Liam OSM

Postby Ram1 » Fri Jun 21, 2002 2:26 pm

Actually, it really just depends on the arena how good the seats are. Me and my mother got the $85 seats at the MCI Center in DC, and we had NO COMPLAINTS whatsoever. The view was fantastic! When we initially saw where the seats were on the seating chart, it looked like we'd be a mile away. But once we actually got there, it wasn't bad at all. Like I said, we had not one complaint. Best show of my life.
Ram1

Postby Liam OSM » Fri Jun 21, 2002 2:29 pm

You're rubbing it in again, aren't you

Well, we'll just have to see what happens. Paul - if you can hear this, get off your Hoffner and get touring the UK PLEASE!!!!!

Liam OSM

Next

Return to MACCA-Concerts & Tours