Any Road

Discussions related to George Harrison as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Postby maccastheman » Thu May 29, 2003 2:51 pm

quote:Originally posted by Helter Skelter
Just saw the Any Road video! REALLY GREAT!!!!!
The stuff where you see George sitting singing the song togerher with ravi,, where and when was that shot??

Haven't seen it yet. I'll keep an eye out for it.
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Steve-o » Thu May 29, 2003 3:08 pm

quote:Originally posted by maccastheman
I'll keep an eye out for it.
I believe that was Sammy's line in the Rat Pack Vegas review. [}:)][:D]
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Blue Sky » Thu May 29, 2003 4:50 pm

All roads lead to Buddha. The hand of Buddha and the hand of Jesus is the SAME hand. I'll tell you a joke that is synonymous with my friend.

"You may go through life wondering which road to take, the high or the low. But always remember, your love is in your hand ..."[:D]
Blue Sky

Postby admiralvanderbilt » Mon Jun 09, 2003 9:09 am

quote:Originally posted by DylansMrJones
I'm thinking "any road" may have been common British slang, but I have only heard John Lennon say it those two times. If not, perhaps it's a Lennonism, and maybe George wrote the song with him in mind.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there" is an old British expression.

"Any road" is a northern English expression, often used in substitution for "anyway".
admiralvanderbilt
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Mr. Mustard » Wed Jul 02, 2003 6:15 am

Hi Folks!
I really think it´s a shame that the Any Road single does not contain any unreleased material but a video-track if you go for the CD-version. To me that´s not attractive enough to actually purchase this single because I already have both songs (Any Road / Marwa Blues) on the Brainwashed-album. Why couldn´t any of George´s demo versions for the album have been included on this release if there are no other songs left?
I mean, as a customer I expect to get something new everytime I buy a new item, not just known material in a different package. That´s a point that has really annoyed in the past with George Harrison singles more than once. For example the singles that came from the Gone Troppo album all had the same song on the b-side (Greece) which was also included in the album.
These release policies make no sense to me at all. I guess I haven´t been brainwashed enough yet...
Mr. Mustard

Postby Berkeleyan » Wed Jul 02, 2003 12:09 pm

Good Point.
You know, record company executives screwed up George´s outpouring of albums and singles in several ways (bad distribution, no promotion at all, deleting certain album tracks....
One of the reasons for their attitude was George´s disdain/contempt over their stupidity and greed. George´s forceful opinion was manifested on several of his song´s lyrics (come to mind This Song, Blood from a Clone, Who Can See it, and so forth).
Berkeleyan
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Previous

Return to GEORGE