Live Bootlegs

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Live Bootlegs

Postby Helter Skelter » Tue Apr 09, 2002 8:23 am

I know there is a lot flowing around the world in terms of live recordings.

I´m looking for stuff recorded on the short 79 UK tour. I know Glasgow and the kampuchea gig was recorded professionally.

Would be glad if someone could help.
Helter Skelter
Bronze member
Bronze member

Live Bootlegs

Postby Helter Skelter » Tue Apr 09, 2002 8:23 am

I know there is a lot flowing around the world in terms of live recordings.

I´m looking for stuff recorded on the short 79 UK tour. I know Glasgow and the kampuchea gig was recorded professionally.

Would be glad if someone could help.
Helter Skelter
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Chris Speers » Tue Apr 09, 2002 1:06 pm

"Night-flight" is a recording that took place on the night of the tour in Glasgow around December 20th, 1979. It is a bootleg that is widely available. It is direct off the Soundboard and includes the full version of the tour including "Wonderful X-mas time, Arrow through me, 20 Flight rock " and many others. It was a complete Wings tour with the guys in the band like Juber and Holly introducing songs and stuff. Linda introudces Wonderful X-mas time.

It's a two CD with nice packaging.

The other Wings Live i have seen is many soundboard tapes of the 1972 and 1973 tours. The best i have heard is a 1975 December Austrailian tour of Wings that just blows me away. It is includes an entire sampling of the 1974 documentary One hand clapping.
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Chris Speers » Tue Apr 09, 2002 1:07 pm

I also have a bootleg called "Liverpool Live" that took place in November 1979 and it is virually the whole show from the Liverpool Litherhand hall show around Thanksgiving.
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Helter Skelter » Fri Apr 12, 2002 3:51 am

So you have those bootlegs you´re taling about? maybe we could do some kind of trade? I have a few Macca/Wings bootlegs as well.
Where do you live?
Helter Skelter
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Helter Skelter » Fri Apr 12, 2002 3:52 am

So you have those bootlegs you´re taling about? maybe we could do some kind of trade? I have a few Macca/Wings bootlegs as well.
Where do you live?
Helter Skelter
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Chris Speers » Fri Apr 12, 2002 1:19 pm

Yes, i do, I live in NYC. My E-mail is CSpeers@metlife.com and we could do some trades. Maybe, one of us can set up a folder for trading and we can correspond on Live Bootlegs and stuff. I'm more of a soundboard fan

Liverpool Live - i have had on vinyl since about 1980 (hard o believe since i was ten!!)

Last FLight is on CD and is the whole Glasgow Show

There is a boot on "With a Little Luck and some 1978 demos"...

And i have some Soundboard quality CD's on James Paul McCartney tv show and some shows from 1972 and 1973...
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Ram1 » Fri Apr 12, 2002 3:01 pm

I would definitely be up for setting up some kind of individual lists of what we all have. That way we could see each others lists, and contact each other for trading. Me personally, I only have video stuff to trade, but I would be willing to trade videos for cd's or whatever. The only rare audio stuff I have is The Doors and Pearl Jam if anyone's interested. All Beatles is video.
Ram1

Return to MACCA - all discussions