Macca :Guest Judge on Amercan Idol in Jan 04?

This forum is to alert fans when Paul pops up on TV, radio, magazines, newspapers, websites.

Moderator: Mike

Postby megs » Tue May 27, 2003 2:51 pm

quote:Originally posted by stevew628
Well...tonight Rueben did "Imagine" and Clay did "Here There and Everywhere".....maybe they are trying to lure Macca. Liked the versions...
...i did'nt like rueben's version, i liked clay's version though[:I]
megs
Supporter
Supporter

Postby sleepyhollowgirl » Tue May 27, 2003 4:15 pm

man, megs, you blush alot, lol.
sleepyhollowgirl
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby constv » Tue May 27, 2003 6:22 pm

Good God, please!!!!!!!!!!! The only thing that is more embarassing and cheesier than American Idol is The Bachelor[ette]! You've got to be kidding people! That sissy-boy Clay makes me want to puke! That guy is a joke, a parody of himself, and he doesn't even know it! Because he's an idiot too. I agree that the "try-outs" part is very funny. But when they get to the "serious" part, that show becomes everything that is tasteless and cheesy in today's show business. Let Britney Spears be the guest, but, please, do not associate Paul McCartney with this garbage! And, btw, when that clown with the hacksaw haircut sang Here There Everywhere (someone actually called me on the phone and told me to watch b/c they were going to sing Lennon/McCartney songs, normally, I do not watch that show :) ) I wanted to take a shower after just watching that sticky performance!

It's not about Paul being associated with the wrong music genre, it's about the fact that American Idol is a very bad, tastless show. As Mike pointed out in this discussion, it hypes up and promotes people of questionable talents (even the winners do not deserve that kind of hype) for one reason only - to make money for Fox! Just like the recording label that sells records of Spears or Justin Timberlake, or other talentless manufactured clowns. Don't fool yourselves, it's not about a talent search. The only thing that comes out of it is slease like your sticky-sweet boy Clay. Well, Ruben is not bad really, but, c'mon, we already have more than enough of the likes of Boys 2 Men, or whatever...
constv

Postby scrodfish256 » Wed May 28, 2003 10:12 am

quote:Although I still will believe it when I see it, I have always lamented the fact that on not ONE of these shows has there ever been a Beatle or solo Beatle song.

In The second to last show, ruben did "imagine" and clay did "here there everywhere". I too was pretty suprised that there had been no lennon or mccartney tunes up to that point.
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

Postby constv » Wed May 28, 2003 11:01 am

You people crack me up... Maybe you should write to Britney Spears' manager (coz I doiubt the dumbass herself makes any decisions) and ask for Britney's remake of Helter Skelter???
constv

Postby scrodfish256 » Wed May 28, 2003 8:12 pm

cranky constv--syrupy seve...LOL!! you can call me super scrod.[:D]
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

Postby constv » Fri May 30, 2003 10:12 pm

HT&E is NOT a "sappy love song", it's just a great beautiful song... It becomes cheesy and sappy when "clays" start singing it. No one thinks the Stones' Angie is sappy. But imagine your boy Clay doing a sticky sweet version of it... Pass a sickness bag, will ya...

Oh, Steve, oh my... I guess I'll let you go, you don't want to miss the next Days Of Our Lives episode... [}:)]
constv

Postby Steve-o » Sat May 31, 2003 8:54 am

cranky const---it is a beautiful love song, but sappy all the same...and I've never watched a soap in my life, lol...you act like I endorsed some of the people. Look at my post...I said I "liked" the versions and nothing more....Whenever one of Macca songs is covered, I speak the truth..I liked it. Sounded good. Period. Cut out the coffee, dude. Is const short for constipated? Maybe you SHOULD drink MORE coffee[:D]
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby scrodfish256 » Sun Jun 01, 2003 8:36 pm

I watched most of the american idol episodes. I don't think it would be a bad thing if macca went on AI next season. If anything it's a compliment to macca. The show is watched by such a wide audience of young people who would otherwise have not heard a lot of macca/beatles songs. I don't see it as selling out or anything like that. He did a guest shot on the simpsons a while back why not go ahead do this. It would definitly be the high rated one of the season.[;)]
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

Postby megs » Mon Jun 02, 2003 4:44 pm

i think it would be EXTREMLY downgrading for him[8)]
megs
Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA In-The-Media