Macca on drums

Discussions related to Paul as a Beatle.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Liam OSM » Fri Jun 21, 2002 1:15 pm

As for sausage links, it has suddenly dawned on me - are you being rude gawd, being picked up on words that can have another meaning all the time, what is this world coming to?

The difference between genius and insanity is merely the difference between success and failure.
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Postby Ram1 » Fri Jun 21, 2002 1:20 pm

quote: OK. Pies as in savoury tarts - you know what tarts are, right? (Uh-oh)

Yes, I know what tarts are! And why would you have them with your chips?

quote:As for sausage links, it has suddenly dawned on me - are you being rude gawd, being picked up on words that can have another meaning all the time, what is this world coming to?

You nasty boy! I have no idea what you're talking about. A sausage link is a sausage link is a sausage link. That's all I meant. Geesh!
Ram1

Postby Liam OSM » Fri Jun 21, 2002 1:22 pm

quote:
quote: OK. Pies as in savoury tarts - you know what tarts are, right? (Uh-oh)

Yes, I know what tarts are! And why would you have them with your chips?

Not THOSE sort of tarts! Sheesh! I mean tarts as in . . . erm, hang on, let me see if there's another word? Can't think. Tarts as in cakes wrapped in pastry. Pies are like that, but with the sweet filling replaced by something more savoury, like meat, or vegetables

quote:
quote:As for sausage links, it has suddenly dawned on me - are you being rude gawd, being picked up on words that can have another meaning all the time, what is this world coming to?

You nasty boy! I have no idea what you're talking about. A sausage link is a sausage link is a sausage link. That's all I meant. Geesh!

Then what IS a sausage link? Please explain!!!

The difference between genius and insanity is merely the difference between success and failure.

Edited by - Liam OSM on 06/21/2002 13:23:44
Liam OSM

Postby Ram1 » Fri Jun 21, 2002 1:25 pm

Gotcha about the tarts. Kinda like our "pot pies." As for the sausage links, well, I can't really explain that one. Sausage comes in links, lol.
Ram1

Postby Liam OSM » Fri Jun 21, 2002 1:27 pm

quote:
Gotcha about the tarts. Kinda like our "pot pies." As for the sausage links, well, I can't really explain that one. Sausage comes in links, lol.

Like "pot pies"? I SAID pies in the first place! You mean I went through all that explanation for nothing? Well, I suppose it has upped the post count.

Sausage links . . . well, do you mean the way they come joined together at the ends in the packet, and you have to cut them off one by one? That's my best guess.

Liam OSM

Postby Ram1 » Fri Jun 21, 2002 1:33 pm

quote:Sausage links . . . well, do you mean the way they come joined together at the ends in the packet, and you have to cut them off one by one? That's my best guess.

Yes! Exactly! Those are sausage links!!
quote:Like "pot pies"? I SAID pies in the first place!

Well, it sounded to me lik eyou were talking about desserts. Especially when you said "tarts"! Over here, tarts mean dessert tarts.
Ram1

Postby Liam OSM » Fri Jun 21, 2002 1:36 pm

quote:
quote:Sausage links . . . well, do you mean the way they come joined together at the ends in the packet, and you have to cut them off one by one? That's my best guess.

Yes! Exactly! Those are sausage links!!

At LAST! We've got there!

quote:
quote:Like "pot pies"? I SAID pies in the first place!

Well, it sounded to me lik eyou were talking about desserts. Especially when you said "tarts"! Over here, tarts mean dessert tarts.

Well, I did say think of pies as savoury tarts - tarts are typically sweet/dessert material over here, too. And I only used thwe tart analogy when you seemed confused about pies. Oh well, at least we've got there now!

Liam OSM

Postby Steve-o » Fri Jun 21, 2002 1:42 pm

Me head is spinning, it is!!
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ram1 » Fri Jun 21, 2002 1:43 pm

quote:Well, I did say think of pies as savoury tarts

Well, "savoury" could mean a lot of things! It could mean savoury sausage or savoury strawberries! When will this ever end??
Ram1

Postby Liam OSM » Fri Jun 21, 2002 1:43 pm

I don't blame you, mate! Whatcha think it was like for me and Ram1, going back and forth with these long posts about not very much?

Liam OSM

PreviousNext

Return to Paul as a Beatle