Sometime In New York City

Discussions related to John Lennon as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Ram1 » Wed Oct 02, 2002 10:29 am

Liam--Really?? I didn't hear about that. If that is indeed true, that is GREAT!

Nito--I don't like Yoko, but it wasn't her fault that Kyoto dissapeared. That ex-husband of hers kidnapped the girl. John and Yoko fought desperately for years to try to find her.
Ram1

Postby dsnito » Wed Oct 02, 2002 10:36 am

Well I didn't know about the meeting between Yoko and Kyoko...
But hey, so all these years didn't Yoko know where her daughter was???
It's hard to believe, man...

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Ram1 » Wed Oct 02, 2002 10:40 am

Well, all I know is that John and Yoko fought pretty hard to find her in the 70s. I've even seen clips of them discussing it on talk shows.
Ram1

Postby Liam OSM » Thu Oct 03, 2002 8:07 am

I'm sure I read about it SOMEWHERE - some magazine supplement of a newspaper, earlier this year, or maybe late last year, I'm not sure . . .
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Postby dsnito » Thu Oct 03, 2002 2:44 pm

quote:Originally posted by dsnito
For we see, WHAT a mother...!!![V] Poor girl...

Peace.

Have also to say that we CANNOT judge ANYBODY, to not be judged, it's true, especially if we don't know the TRUE facts, that's a fault of mine I admit. But even Yoko and John searched desperately for Kyoko, it's still hard to believe that Tony Cox could hide that girl all these years... I don't know...NOBODY knows, only the main people involved on the fact, I mean, Yoko, Kyoko, Tony Cox, and John(if was alive)themselves...

Peace
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby megs » Sat Oct 05, 2002 8:46 pm

quote:quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Ram1

Kyoto was kidnapped by her father, Tony Whatshisface. I don't think Yoko ever saw her again. At least to MY knowledge, Yoko hasn't had contact with her since.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That rings a bell, but I do believe I read something within the last twelve months to the effect of they have seen each other for the first time in thirty years . . . I can't remember what it was, though . . .

i remember hearing something about that also i dont know when though[8D]
megs
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Gastro (gone) » Wed Apr 23, 2003 1:09 am

quote:Originally posted by Liam OSM
Anyone got this album? I'm curious as to what it's like, not having it myself. Any good stuff on it? Any real howlers?

I think it's one hell of a political protest album but looked upon as a rock album it's not something you can listen to all the time. Musically its great, lyrically it's abit of a let down, he could have done better.
Gastro (gone)

Postby Steve-o » Wed Apr 23, 2003 7:17 am

Got a FEW fine moments, but overall, lyrically, musically and anything else you wanna look at, it's just below his ability so far it's sad.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby dsnito » Thu May 22, 2003 9:53 pm

Even John later said that was confused about SINYC...he said many of things showed on that album he didn´t know if he would take party, or better saying, didn´t he know what he wanted to mean or to do??...very confused indeed!!

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby kylestyle » Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:00 am

Woman is the Nigger of the World - 10
Sisters O Sisters - 9
Attica State - 10
Born in a Prison - 4
New York City - 10
Sunday Bloody Sunday - 10
The Luck of the Irish - 10
John Sinclair - 10
Angela - 10
We're All Water - 5

(not rating the Live Zappa 2nd record)

88/10 = 9/10

The John & Yoko collaborations work really well I think - the songs where they sing as a duo, I think they're wonderful. Powerful rockers like Attica State and New York City and Sunday Bloody Sunday. Marvellous slide guitar work on John Sinclair, Luck of the Irish a fantastic melody - it's nice how John sings a line and Yoko sings some lines. Together I think they bonded quite well, especially on this album. Yoko's solo songs don't work so well. I like the lyric of Born in a Prison, but the music and melody doesn't work for me. Overall, a strong album.
I needed comfort of love just to get me some piece of mind.. wo-oh
kylestyle

Previous

Return to JOHN