Macca on drums

Discussions related to Paul as a Beatle.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Liam OSM » Fri Jun 21, 2002 12:52 pm

quote:
Ok, got ya. And as for "hitting our r's over the head with a sledgehammer", we just like hitting our BRITS over the head with a sledgehammer before we cook 'em in our Brit stew!!

Is that the whole North American continent, or just the USA? I have a friend who's gone to Canada for the summer - I'd better warn him just in case . . .

And as I am sure you realise, I was purely highlighting a difference between accents in general on our different sides of the pond. Like we say "brotha", you guys say "brotherrrrr". No slight intended

The difference between genius and insanity is merely the difference between success and failure.
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Postby Ram1 » Fri Jun 21, 2002 12:57 pm

"Brotherrrrrrrr"??? I think a slight WAS intended!! You and your cherrio and hip-hip and the lot!!
Ram1

Postby Liam OSM » Fri Jun 21, 2002 12:59 pm

quote:
"Brotherrrrrrrr"??? I think a slight WAS intended!! You and your cherrio and hip-hip and the lot!!

Honestly - I was purely illustrating the difference between British and American accents! Maybe I went overboard with the r's at the end, but I had to put a few down to establish the difference! And you know it!

The difference between genius and insanity is merely the difference between success and failure.
Liam OSM

Postby Ram1 » Fri Jun 21, 2002 1:03 pm

Yeah yeah. Cherrio and hip-hip, 'ol chap! You gonna take the tube to the university to buy some fish 'n chips?
Ram1

Postby Liam OSM » Fri Jun 21, 2002 1:04 pm

quote:
Yeah yeah. Cherrio and hip-hip, 'ol chap! You gonna take the tube to the university to buy some fish 'n chips?

Nah - the tube is in London. It's the Supertram up here in Sheffield - but I am planning on visiting the chippie for dinner tonight; however I don't like fish, so instead of fish, it'll either be pie or sausage for me

Liam OSM

Postby Ram1 » Fri Jun 21, 2002 1:08 pm

quote:Nah - the tube is in London. It's the Supertram up here in Sheffield

Well excuuuuuuse me!! You and your Superdupertram!

quote:it'll either be pie or sausage for me

Pie or sausage?? What, do you guys buy 'em by the links??
Ram1

Postby Liam OSM » Fri Jun 21, 2002 1:09 pm

The fish 'n' chip shop does sell more than just fish to have with your chips - which, like I said, is fortunate for me, as I don't like fish. I usually have a pie, or a couple of sausages, instead. As for "by the links", I haven't the foggiest notion what you're on about man!

Liam OSM

Postby Liam OSM » Fri Jun 21, 2002 1:10 pm

PS, Ram1 . . .

quote:
quote:Nah - the tube is in London. It's the Supertram up here in Sheffield

Well excuuuuuuse me!! You and your Superdupertram!

Don't be pedantic! I'm the only one who can get away with being pedantic

Liam OSM

Postby Ram1 » Fri Jun 21, 2002 1:11 pm

The links...like sausage links. Or am I being very American right now? And as for pie...you mean like finger pies? What does that actualy consist of anyway? The only pies we have over here are dessert pies or pizza pies!!
Ram1

Postby Liam OSM » Fri Jun 21, 2002 1:13 pm

quote:
The links...like sausage links. Or am I being very American right now? And as for pie...you mean like finger pies? What does that actualy consist of anyway? The only pies we have over here are dessert pies or pizza pies!!

OK. Pies as in savoury tarts - you know what tarts are, right? (Uh-oh)

Liam OSM

PreviousNext

Return to Paul as a Beatle