Let Me Roll It

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Postby DrRobert » Wed Jun 19, 2002 1:45 pm

On Let Me Roll It, I think it is an amazing song. I personally love hearing it and playing it; I never thought of a John connection, though. I was amazed by my girlfriend's reaction to it. Background first: Until she met me, she didn't have much exposure to Rock music, mainly classical and some Brit-pop of the 80's. Although she really likes the beatles, Paul solo for her is very good, but not great. When she discovered Let Me Roll it, however, she went through a period of doing nothing else but listening to that song. One day she listened to it 100 times straight/non-stop - I'm not kidding.

Edited by - DrRobert on 06/19/2002 13:45:48
DrRobert

Postby maccafan » Thu Jun 20, 2002 10:43 am

Personally I don't think Let Me Roll It or I've Had Enough have anything at all to do with Lennon in any way!! Paul has always had a R&B or bluesy rock side to him so these are just Paul songs plain and simple!!
I love both of them, Let Me Roll It has that killer guitar riff with the booming blues bass at the bottom, while I've Had Enough is good old rock and roll with some excellent guitar work!!
maccafan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Liam OSM » Fri Jun 21, 2002 9:55 am

quote:
One day she listened to it 100 times straight/non-stop - I'm not kidding.

Yowch! That's a LOT - hearing someone else listening to that song continuously like that would put me off it for LIFE! I can't stand people repeating the same song over and over again - I feel awkward if I'm playing the same song just three or four times with a good reason! Yeek!

The difference between genius and insanity is merely the difference between success and failure.
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Postby DrRobert » Fri Jun 21, 2002 11:11 am

Actually Liam, after a few rounds of Let Me Roll It, I totally got into it, like in a trans. When it stopped I went through withdrawl.
DrRobert

Postby Liam OSM » Fri Jun 21, 2002 11:23 am

quote:
Actually Liam, after a few rounds of Let Me Roll It, I totally got into it, like in a trans. When it stopped I went through withdrawl.

Each to his own, I suppose - I just don't like hearing the same song repeatedly with no change. There's only a few songs that I could tolerate hearing in such a fashion, and they have to be exceptionally great songs for me to tolerate it. Or just great and very long - as that way you don't hear the quite so often

The difference between genius and insanity is merely the difference between success and failure.
Liam OSM

Postby Ram1 » Fri Jun 21, 2002 11:29 am

Speaking of which, where has Karly gone?? She's the one who posted this topic. She burst on to the scene a few days ago with about 25 posts on her first day! Then she dissapeared. Another casualty of Shirley possibly? Maybe ol' Shirl's saw that Karly was gonna be a very prolific poster right off the bat, so decided to take her down!!
Ram1

Postby Liam OSM » Fri Jun 21, 2002 11:32 am

quote:
Speaking of which, where has Karly gone?? She's the one who posted this topic. She burst on to the scene a few days ago with about 25 posts on her first day! Then she dissapeared. Another casualty of Shirley possibly? Maybe ol' Shirl's saw that Karly was gonna be a very prolific poster right off the bat, so decided to take her down!!

That's definitely a strong possibility - I guess you have to be made of the sternest stuff around to escape that woman's clutches! As I recall, I managed something similar myself - certainly about 70 posts in four days, when you and Airdog welcomed me into "the family" on here. I guess you and I must be very, very lucky, Ram1 - we aren't falling under her wheels!

Liam OSM

Postby Ram1 » Fri Jun 21, 2002 11:35 am

Very true. I guess we have the stuff that champions are made of. (You know, lard and mayonaise.) And yes, I do remember you racked up the posts extremely quickly yourself. Dsnito is pretty fast too.
Ram1

Postby Liam OSM » Fri Jun 21, 2002 11:37 am

quote:
Very true. I guess we have the stuff that champions are made of. (You know, lard and mayonaise.) And yes, I do remember you racked up the posts extremely quickly yourself. Dsnito is pretty fast too.

He joined a couple of days or so after I did, and he's reached Junior status already. Not bad. I think you're closer to him geographically - you can look out for him, see that Shirley doesn't nobble him

Liam OSM

Postby Ram1 » Fri Jun 21, 2002 11:41 am

Yeah, I think Brazil actually has the same time zone as us here on the East Coast. Dsnito?
Ram1

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA - all discussions