maxim bashing paul

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

maxim bashing paul

Postby scrodfish256 » Thu Apr 11, 2002 10:33 pm

My husband has a subscription to maxim magizine. I always thought that it was a pretty cool magazine, until about two months ago when he showed me an article alled "ten more reasons to hate Paul Mccartney". At first I thought it was a joke but then I started to read it and it was really harsh. They were saying things like he shuns fans and he makes people pay for drinks at his parties. That wasn't even the worst of it. I thought it was pretty lame. I haven't read an issue of maxim since.
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

maxim bashing paul

Postby scrodfish256 » Thu Apr 11, 2002 10:33 pm

My husband has a subscription to maxim magizine. I always thought that it was a pretty cool magazine, until about two months ago when he showed me an article alled "ten more reasons to hate Paul Mccartney". At first I thought it was a joke but then I started to read it and it was really harsh. They were saying things like he shuns fans and he makes people pay for drinks at his parties. That wasn't even the worst of it. I thought it was pretty lame. I haven't read an issue of maxim since.
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Ram1 » Thu Apr 11, 2002 11:32 pm

Well, I know one magazine I won't be purchasing. Thanks for the info., scrodfish.
Ram1

Postby Ram1 » Thu Apr 11, 2002 11:44 pm

I couldn't resist but to look it up. Here's the URL for all interested...http://www.maximonline.com ... _4468.html

Whomever the punk is that wrote this piece of trash, obviously doesn't know the first REAL thing about Paul McCartney. Especially the last comment about Lennon. Any real fan knows that that comment was highly taken out of context. Disgusting.

Thanks again though for the info., scrodfish.
Ram1

Postby shinestar » Fri Apr 12, 2002 1:39 am

Thanks Ram1 for the url. What a bunch of baloney! It never ceases to amaze me how many dumb, hateful people there are in the world. How can one hate someone they never met? I don't believe one word of that article. What sort of magazine is it anyway? It looked like some girlie thing. Yuck!
shinestar
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Brains » Fri Apr 12, 2002 4:12 am

Why do people hate Paul so much? It's not just Maxim magazine, I hear it on the radio too. Whenever there is one of Paul's songs, some DJ or another has to say something hateful about him. And most of my friends dislike him as well. "John Lennon was the REAL Beatle. Paul was just his sidekick" (nice friends I have, eh?).

Is there a reason for all this? It's not that he seems like an unpleasant man in interviews. He's always nice! I think it still goes back to the 1970/1971 John-Paul "flamewar", which was, I think, highly exaggerated. As Paul so often says, they were friends again when John died in 1980.

BTW, did they really jam in 1974? I have a recording of Lucille, supposedly from John and Paul in 1974. Can this be real, or is it that someone has been very creative with two versions of Lucille, one by Paul, one by John?
Brains
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Len » Fri Apr 12, 2002 5:10 am

Hey Brains. Yeah, they did jam. There's a bootleg called "A Toot And A Snore In '74". It has John and Paul jamming with Stevie Wonder and Harry Nilsson. Paul's on drums. It opens with John saying "you want a snort Steve? A toot? It's going around."
The line-up is (from the back of the cover): John Lennon - vocals, guitar Paul McCartney - vocals, drums Jesse Ed Davis - guitar Harry Nilsson - vocals Stevie Wonder - electric piano Bobby Keys - sax Malcolm Evans - tea May Pang - sympathy.

It's a pretty cool recording, though it's mainly the guys improvising.

"Can you take me back where I came from?"
Len

Postby Chris Speers » Fri Apr 12, 2002 7:24 am

McCartney bashing is simple for the acne ridden critic because it's more clever to write something scathing rather than to write a tribute.

Critics and others are full of crap - i don't listen to them. We know McCartney is a genius and the pot-shots are all part of the game.
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby shinestar » Fri Apr 12, 2002 10:35 pm

I agree with Chris - well said! Most of my friends were Paul fans. I never had a fave Beatle. And everyone I know always thought of The Beatles as being Paul/John because they wrote most of the songs. Yes, there was a musical rivalry between the two which was mainly healthy competition, but they were still friends. John was the one who quit the band first and left poor Paul holding the bag, taking the blame before it got shifted to Linda/Yoko. The bottom line as to why they broke up is it simply was TIME. They had all grown up and had their own lives for a change.
shinestar
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby McCullochMcCartney » Wed Apr 17, 2002 7:38 pm

My friends don't like Paul at all. They think he's old and they think I shouldn't listen to his music. That magazine was rude. But y'know, they're all just JEALOUS!

All hail Paul McCartney and Jimmy McCulloch
McCullochMcCartney

Next

Return to MACCA - all discussions