Back In The US, A Concert Film?

A discussion forum for Paul's videos, short films, movies and DVDs.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Steve-o » Tue Apr 29, 2003 7:31 am

The Get Back DVD, while chronologically sound, is annoying as hell. Why? Everytime the camera is off of Paul, his shirt changes color. Not once do you get a start to finish performance of any given song, as you do on BITUS (I would have love BITUS to be chronological). Also, Get back features far more horrible crowd shots, with the sound dubbed in. BITUS by a mile......(except for the running order....)[:D]
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby swansea » Thu May 01, 2003 9:58 am

quote:Originally posted by stevew628
The Get Back DVD, while chronologically sound, is annoying as hell. Why? Everytime the camera is off of Paul, his shirt changes color. Not once do you get a start to finish performance of any given song, as you do on BITUS (I would have love BITUS to be chronological). Also, Get back features far more horrible crowd shots, with the sound dubbed in. BITUS by a mile......(except for the running order....)[:D]

I've only got the VHS version of GB but the thing that spoils it for
me is during alot of the songs they are playing various video clips
insted of concentrating on Paul and the band actually performing
the numbers. After all, you buy the concert video to see HIM in
concert, not random video clips!!
swansea

Postby Steve-o » Sat May 03, 2003 10:09 pm

WAD, my fave crowd shot from BITUS is near the end of Coming Up, where we see a guy bouncing up and down who looks like Mary's brother in "Something About Mary (have you see my baseball?) and then next to him is a David Wells clone drumming along with Abe. Hilarious.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ram1 » Sun May 04, 2003 4:36 am

WAD, Steve and Swanny. BITUS by a LONG mile. GB is way to chopped up and inconsistent. But like you said Steve, the only thing about BITUS is the running order of the set list.
Ram1

Postby Steve-o » Sat May 10, 2003 7:07 pm

quote:Originally posted by Ram1
the only thing about BITUS is the running order of the set list.
WAD, Rammie...it annoys to this day......If it was VHS, I'd tape it again in order, lol.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby sleepyhollowgirl » Mon May 12, 2003 3:52 pm

quote:Originally posted by stevew628
It's a wonderful visual reminder of what i saw this year. I love it...(still wish the songs were in order, but i go to the set list if i want to do that.). Would have also been nice to have all of them there, but I still love it. As Auj says..nothings perfect...

It is. It helps keep it fresh in your mind. I saw Paul 28 weeks ago, but thanks to this it feels like yesterday. It heps me remember what I was doing when a song was on- I can remember REALLY rocking out to "Lady Madonna", and I don't really know why. When my mom first announced we had tickets, I was like, "I only want them to play 'all my loving'". It was kind of disapointing when it was the third song they did, but after AML was over, I said, "Okay...now I want 'when i saw her standing there'". And they did that ALMOST last, so that rocked.
sleepyhollowgirl
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Helter Skelter » Sun May 25, 2003 10:39 am

Some of the celebs on the dvd are infact big beatle/macca freaks.
I don´t knowe how many times I´ve heard and read Paul Stanley (of Kiss) say that The Beatles and McCartneys music/and playing is his biggest inspiration.[:D]
Helter Skelter
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby dsnito » Thu Jun 12, 2003 5:35 pm

I don't have it yet(sigh)...[V] I'm saving money to buy the "Anthology" DVDs, things are much expensive in my country...[V]

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Sue Hickman » Thu Jun 12, 2003 7:33 pm

I LOVE IT. CAN'T GET ENOUGH.

Jack Nicholas has also gone up in my estimation. I'm not a fan of his but if he likes Paul thats good enough for me. Wish they would bring out the Liverpool DVD though. They were definately filming it
Sue Hickman

Postby Steve-o » Thu Jun 12, 2003 7:51 pm

Jack Nicholson likes him too [:D]
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA-Videos