John Lennon On Broadway

Discussions related to John Lennon as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

John Lennon On Broadway

Postby maccastheman » Fri Apr 11, 2003 10:39 am

Check out this story from foxnews.com today (4/11/03):

Imagine: John Lennon Is Coming to Broadway

Good morning. I can tell you exclusively today that Yoko Ono has approved a musical version of John Lennon's life -- and it's headed to Broadway.

Details are still sketchy, but director Don Scardino will helm the project. Lennon's many songs from his solo career will fill the show, although insiders say it's not clear how the Beatles will be handled.

You may recall that Ono excised all mention of the Beatles or Paul McCartney at the TNT tribute show to Lennon in November 2001. Even though the Lennon musical will have a book -- as yet unwritten -- the story may be less about his early years and more about his time with Ono.

Get ready for an onstage bed-in, which will at least be fun to gossip about.

Of course, the biggest part of this process will be the casting -- and no one knows who will play John and Yoko yet. One thing's for sure: we're not likely to see Lennon's eldest son, Julian. For years, Ono has prevented him from sharing in his father's fortune. Julian now lives quietly in France, away from the madness that surrounded John's celebrity.
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

John Lennon On Broadway

Postby maccastheman » Fri Apr 11, 2003 10:39 am

Check out this story from foxnews.com today (4/11/03):

Imagine: John Lennon Is Coming to Broadway

Good morning. I can tell you exclusively today that Yoko Ono has approved a musical version of John Lennon's life -- and it's headed to Broadway.

Details are still sketchy, but director Don Scardino will helm the project. Lennon's many songs from his solo career will fill the show, although insiders say it's not clear how the Beatles will be handled.

You may recall that Ono excised all mention of the Beatles or Paul McCartney at the TNT tribute show to Lennon in November 2001. Even though the Lennon musical will have a book -- as yet unwritten -- the story may be less about his early years and more about his time with Ono.

Get ready for an onstage bed-in, which will at least be fun to gossip about.

Of course, the biggest part of this process will be the casting -- and no one knows who will play John and Yoko yet. One thing's for sure: we're not likely to see Lennon's eldest son, Julian. For years, Ono has prevented him from sharing in his father's fortune. Julian now lives quietly in France, away from the madness that surrounded John's celebrity.
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Steve-o » Fri Apr 11, 2003 11:35 am

Anything BinOno is involved in is poison for those of us who do not like revisionist history. Plus, I'm quite sure that Paul and Julian will take the horse droppings on this buggy ride. And the great Sean and BinOno herself will be the center of attention. I'm sure she will mention John as well, lol.

Actors: How about May Pang playing Bin and Marshall Crenshaw playing JL? Vern Troyer can be Sean. Peace Bed by Serta.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby DylansMrJones » Fri Apr 11, 2003 11:57 am

I have no interest in such a production. Just give us some more unreleased John demos & outtakes...I already know the story of The Ballad Of John & Yoko & Beyond.
DylansMrJones

Postby maccastheman » Fri Apr 11, 2003 12:00 pm

I knew this one would fire everybody up, lol! I agree. Yoko's revisionist history will be a slap in the face to Macca and Julian. I like the line at the end of story about how Yoko has treated Julian. I'm glad they put that in there.
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Steve-o » Fri Apr 11, 2003 12:31 pm

quote:Originally posted by maccastheman
I'm glad they put that in there.
Me too, WAD!!!!
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mike » Sun Apr 13, 2003 2:25 pm

Yoko is coming up with anything possible to make as much money as possible off his name.

Shameful, very shameful.

What next, John Lennon dish soap ?
Mike
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby Steve-o » Sun Apr 13, 2003 3:47 pm

quote:Originally posted by Mike
Yoko is coming up with anything possible to make as much money as possible off his name.

Shameful, very shameful.

What next, John Lennon dish soap ?
Nothing---absolutely nothing would surprise me. She is a viper.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby DylansMrJones » Mon Apr 14, 2003 11:43 am

If Ono had HER way, the entire Beatles catalog would be reissued as PLASTIC ONO BAND albums.
DylansMrJones

Postby dsnito » Mon Apr 14, 2003 1:57 pm

Mmm, so the Dragon-Woman strikes back!! LOL[:D]

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Return to JOHN